Erwin McDavid Irish Wake on St. Patrick's Day March 17

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Groundhog

Erwin McDavid Irish Wake on St. Patrick's Day March 17

Post by Groundhog »

Erwin’s ashes went to a nephew in Michigan. Let's say goodbye to him Irish Wake style, in the LZ. It doesn’t need more than a green theme, a handful of ballads, booze and a BBQ to happen. Anybody game?

If McDavid isn't from Ireland, then don't tell the Irish, and remember that Erwin isn't around to argue about the difference.
Last edited by Groundhog on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

I will be there.
Groundhog

Post by Groundhog »

BudRob wrote:I will be there.
Great. Too bad you don't have free beer anymore.

Who does BBQs at the LZ? We need them to join this shindig and make it happen. I don't yet have anyone offering to help with labor, booze, beef
or ballads.

Also, I don't have much credibility anymore; I only come out to the LZ for dead guys now...

--Grant
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

I will reach out to Katherine to confirm that we can use her portable BBQ. Also, lets make this a Pot Luck!

Sylmarians, please feel free to bring side dishes. SHGA will provide hotdogs/burgers/veggie burgers and we would welcome your additions.

Bring a story or two about Erwin and we'll toast our friend and enjoy a BBQ in his honor...

Soon we fly!

Lynn
DrJeff

Erwin's memorial

Post by DrJeff »

I wish I could be there, but I am unable to. I will be there in spirit, though, and I could actually tell a few stories....like the time he actually wore a suit and tie (albeit a bit too tight) to attend a wedding in Yosemite that I also attended. If I can find a picture, I will post it as proof!
Jeff Bjorck
www.purepiano.com ~quiet music to calm the heart in a noisy world~
Groundhog

Re: Erwin's memorial

Post by Groundhog »

DrJeff wrote:I wish I could be there, but I am unable to. I will be there in spirit, though, and I could actually tell a few stories....like the time he actually wore a suit and tie (albeit a bit too tight) to attend a wedding in Yosemite that I also attended. If I can find a picture, I will post it as proof!
Erwin wore that same suit to my year 2000 wedding to Ratna in Pasadena, but it fit him well at that time! He never looked better.
Hungary Joe wore a tux to the wedding, and I almost didn't recognize him -- even though he was my best man!
Groundhog

Post by Groundhog »

Participants are invited to RSVP -- Please let us know if you will be bringing appetizers or potluck dishes!
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

I will bring beer