Parachute clinic take 2

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

KatShaw

Parachute clinic take 2

Post by KatShaw »

Hey All, we're going to try again, so if you need your parachute repacked and /or you want to learn when, how and why to throw your chute, or you just want a refresher course please join us JULY 23rd 2016, 8am to 7 pm Awhai ranch (Andy and Emily's ) for the parachute clinic. You must Sigh up with Kat Shaw by July 18 th space will be limited, katshaw83(at)ME(dot)com. I will send you an email with all the particulars. And please remember that they are opening their hanger to us, so be courteous, no pets, no extra persons.
We’ll cover…
• How a parachute works—parachute types, para-swivels, size & weight considerations
• Decision to deploy—Hypothetical and real scenarios to consider
• How to execute proper deployments—Problems after deployment and strategies to handle them
• Strategies for preparing for landing—How to avoid being hurt or dragged
• Water landings, power lines
• And many other topics

Katshaw83(at)me(dot)com
Kat Shaw
Steve90266

Parachute Clinic

Post by Steve90266 »

I'm in!
Steve Murillo
KatShaw

Post by KatShaw »

Hi all, if you signed up with me for the clinic and have not received an email with all the info. When, where, times, food, flying, etc..... Email or call me so I can get the info to you. If you want to attend. YOU MUST SIGN UP! Time is running out so sign up now.
Kat Shaw
Steve90266

Parachute Clinic

Post by Steve90266 »

It was a great event, and I think we all learned a great deal. Joe's morning lecture was full of useful information, the flying was great, and the drills we did in the afternoon were very helpful.

Special thanks go out to Joe Greblo, Andy Beem, Kat Shaw and Kathy Thompson for really making it a great day and a successful event!
Steve Murillo
Steve90266

Parachute Clinic

Post by Steve90266 »

It was a great event, and I think we all learned a great deal. Joe's morning lecture was full of useful information, the flying was great, and the drills we did in the afternoon were very helpful.

Special thanks go out to Joe Greblo, Andy Beem, Kat Shaw and Kathy Thompson for really making it a great day and a successful event!
Steve Murillo
dteal

Post by dteal »

Yes, indeed - absolutely great clinic! I know that a lot of hard work went into this event and I appreciate everyone's effort, the food & drink, the space to make it happen, and the expert instruction. The flight was also spectacular! It's rare to get above launch in the mountains during the summer, and I saw people over the TopaTopa's!! The convergence also delivered as usual over Andy's LZ - if it was any stronger, I might have had to toss my chute just to get down and finish the clinic :-)
Fantastic day in beautiful Ojai!!!
DT