Spring Air Sat. June 9th, 2007

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Lucky 13

Spring Air Sat. June 9th, 2007

Post by Lucky 13 »

The date has been set, events are being organized. If you can help in any way, email me through the board of directors directory on the main page, activities director. If you have opinions, suggestion, or ideas, let me know what you want.

I need some BBQ helpers, some people to help set up or clean up after, any graphic design ideas for a poster or invitation, and spot landing contest judges. If I don't hear anything soon, I'll make it myself, it's kind of a hurry.

This is the most important event of the year. It would be nice to have t shirts also, anyone?

If I don't hear anything, I'll just let my imagination go wild, and I can because I am the activities director.
JBBenson

Post by JBBenson »

Will the gazebo be finished by then?

:wink:
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Chris,

I LOVE your enthusiasm! You're right, this is the big community event of the year.

Every alternating year we host a Community Appreciation Day which is bigger than our SHGA Spring Air Festival. This year I am helping Chris with the details. We definitely need help w/BBQ and t-shirts, set up the day of the event and other details. We want to contact Mike Hayden (who's contact info I cannot find) to see if he will bring a hawk or flying critter for the kids to enjoy. If anyone sees Mike, please have him call Chris Wolters or Lynn McLaughlin

Our esteemed guests include the FAA, Forest Service, Sylmar Land Use Committee, Camp 9, Councilman Alarcon, Sylmar Chamber of Commerce, our immediate neighbors, among others.

Please contact Chris or me if you can help.

Lynn
Lucky 13

Post by Lucky 13 »

No, I'm afraid we will not have the new gazebo done by then, but it will be a goal for next years mega event; the 25th annivesary party with more politicians and media coverage.

This year is more casual, but there will still be a lot of events, and VIP guest. I am still trying to get as much as I can for this years party. -Chris Wolters

Suggestions are welcome.
Lucky 13

Come on people, I need volunteers...

Post by Lucky 13 »

I need 2-3 volunteers for setting up and breaking down the flight simulator. We will be meeting there at 9:30 am. I'd also like some people to be there the whole time without flying, just to be available. I'm not going to fly that day.
Flight simulator set up etc...
Cooking and serving...mostly covered, but help is welcome...
Misc. and clean up...
Do you have a cool or unusual or antique glider to display? Batso?
email me if you can help or contribute anything. activities@shga.com Thank you, Chris Wolters 818-772-1627
Malury

June 9th

Post by Malury »

I am at your service Chris. I'll be available all day. So put me on a list for something.
Lynn McLaughlin

Does anyone have a "Boombox" that plays CD's? We want to have music in the LZ

Lynn
Malury

boombox

Post by Malury »

I've got a boombox available but it's probably inadaquate. It is 16 inches with 2, 4 inch speakers and needs 110 volt electric power. My CDs are probably all wrong too. Jimi Hendrix anyone?
Lynn McLaughlin

Thanks Malury. We don't need anything too loud, just something powerful enough to give the LZ some tunes. Do you think it will work? Oh, and Hendrix is fine :-)