Dockweiler Beach Party Needs Volunteers

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Cabbagehead

Dockweiler Beach Party Needs Volunteers

Post by Cabbagehead »

Dear Friends!

The 2nd Annual Dockweiler SHGA Beach Party is coming up this September 8, a Saturday, starting at 11M, so mark it down on your busy calendar. It's going to be even more fun than last year, if such a thing is possible. We still need volunteers to help out.

We need a couple of people to setup, staff, and takedown the Club info booth.

We need a couple of volunteers to assist Freddy Wagner with the setup, operation and takedown of the food tent.

We need a Batso helper/repairman.I will train.

It is possible that Surfer Bob and Rob Burgis may need an additional helper for the Pentathalon judging/operation.

We also need a acoustic band that can play Beach Boys tunes all day.

So, you KNOW you want to come. Just e-mail me at SeymourNme@aol.com and let me know if you can help out even a little..

Thanks!

CH
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

hello,

I just started lessons with Joe and Lynden and I would like to attend this if possible. Do I need to be a member of the club to attend. Also, there is a good chance I will be buying a used Falcon on 09/07 and had planned on spending the 8th at dockweiler gettting practice. Will the facility be closed during the BBQ? Would I be able to get a few landings in?

Best regards,

Marc
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

addicted2climbing wrote:hello,

I just started lessons with Joe and Lynden and I would like to attend this if possible. Do I need to be a member of the club to attend. Also, there is a good chance I will be buying a used Falcon on 09/07 and had planned on spending the 8th at dockweiler gettting practice. Will the facility be closed during the BBQ? Would I be able to get a few landings in?

Best regards,

Marc
Hey, Marc! Congratulations on taking up hang gliding.

My opinion (and it is just that, not anything official) is that you'd be able to fly that day. Heck, everyone else did last year. I think they might even be running lessons. I vaguely recall seeing folks teaching that day.

As for needing to be a member, absolutely not! Bring friends and family if you want. Let's get more new pilots!

For definitive answers about teaching, email or call windsports at: info@windsports.com or 818-367-2430. And since Joe is on the BOD this year, he probably knows the answers to everything else too... ;-)
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hello George,

Thanks for the info and I will ask Joe next time I take a lesson what the particulars are. I have taken 3 beach lessons thus far and got my H1 and I did my first tandem last week and we were up for 52 minutes which was great. Hopefully the used Falcon I intend to purchase will be in good shape and I can start to get some practice on my own gear.

Best regards,

Marc
Frederick

Food signup is on a separate posting

Post by Frederick »

See the food sign-up posting in the Events forum, for what's needed.
seahawk190

Dockweiler Beach Party

Post by seahawk190 »

Cartoonist and former Kagel pilot Harry Martin has just made available copies of his painting from the September 2000 Dockweiler fly-in. The painting was signed by early Hang Gliding pioneers, then sold at auction. See http://www.cafepress.com/hmcartoons/3551383
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Dockweiler 34th by Harry Martin

Post by Ken Andrews »

Very cool! Here's the image...