Squeegee

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
Busto

Squeegee

Post by Busto »

I was wondering if the club had money to buy a squeegee to remove the water on the gazebo's deck?
Busto

Post by Busto »

Here are a few samples.

I found the price to be between twenty and forty dollars.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... r+squeegee
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

What is infuriating is the contractor promised a certain favor to us that the deck would not pool water. I was there the day of the Concrete pour and concrete was being added in a way to prevent the pooling when the truck operator said he was out of concrete. A call was made to bring the remaining concrete up to the crack line before it ran out. There was a negotiation for an additional truck to finish the last 200 square feet or more but when the truck arrived it was too late to add additional mud to the already poured low spots. Once dried the newly cut crack-lines were supposed to drain the pooled water but as I see in the photos there are some small puddles.
phkao

Post by phkao »

It should not take a favor for a contractor to do his job right for his client. The Board should have never approved the payment before the contractor fixed the problem to our satisfaction. For the money we paid to the contractor, we deserved better. I will find out more details in the near future and will write a report for the club members.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

I found an article on concrete ponding
http://chalaireandassociates.com/public ... gWater.pdf

It says you should flood the deck with a garden hose and then wait 10 minutes to see if it drains off evaporates or soaks into the concrete.

The pictures may have been taken right after it was hosed off also the crack lines should be swept of any obstructing dirt from the ongoing construction process.

I think the club also wanted assurances the concrete would not crack, but all concrete is guaranteed to crack.
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

I was also on site the day of the upper deck concrete pour and there were several trucks, each running out and then another coming. The reason that there is pooling is because the "scread rails" that were slightly elevated in the centers (with the intention of slightly doming the concrete) were knocked down by the very heavy concrete pumping hose as it was dragged accross the top to deliver the concrete to all areas. This is still the fault of the contractor but had nothing to do with running out of concrete. Just trying to set the record straight.

The little bit of water that pools on the concrete is irritaing but not damaging. There are few concrete jobs on flat surfaces that don't have some water pooling. including those in my own backyard that I had done recently. If anyone wants to step up and buy a squeegee for the club, please do so and give me the receipt for re-imbursement. Consider this post as your permission and reply when done so we don't have duplication.

Rob Burgis