Proposed Bathrooms

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

OP

Post by OP »

phkao

Post by phkao »

Thank you, OP, for uploading the drawings for me.

Here is the Site Plan w/ Option A.

Rome Dodson

new bathrooms

Post by Rome Dodson »

instead of showers put in an outside shower head ,(like at the beach) when it's 105 it would be great. rome
Don

Re: new bathrooms

Post by Don »

Rome Dodson wrote:instead of showers put in an outside shower head ,(like at the beach) when it's 105 it would be great. rome
The issue of showers gets to the question of people living in the LZ.

Answer the first question and you answer the second.
Busto

Post by Busto »

Don't we already have people living there?

Erwin is a Pitbull about others stomping on his turf, and I doubt Daryl, and Russ would allow anything to threaten their situation.

I think it should be a consideration.

I'm more concerned about the water bill...in the future that is.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Three different guards rotating on and off randomly sounds safer that just 1.

This restroom(link) doesn't require water, it incinerates waste into ash.
http://ecojohn.com/ecojohn_sr.html
I read on an RV forum about one with a laser beam in the works.
Otherwise water is the way to go.
OP

Post by OP »

Everyone will need to shower before entering the pool:
Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

OP wrote:Everyone will need to shower before entering the pool:
Can we get a wave machine.
OP

Post by OP »

I should have full bid packages for both used and new aerial tramways ready for the meeting.

Removing and relocating a used ski lift is actually quite reasonable.

Busto

Post by Busto »

That would be a cool thing. To have a restaurant on top, which had a launch on top of it would be great. As people sat at their tables looking into the valley, gliders would drop into view from above.
Jim

Re: new bathrooms

Post by Jim »

Don wrote:
Rome Dodson wrote:instead of showers put in an outside shower head ,(like at the beach) when it's 105 it would be great. rome
The issue of showers gets to the question of people living in the LZ.

Answer the first question and you answer the second.
The answer is: NO!

Or, perhaps, maybe. Put a vandal-proof, coin-operated (or dollar bills) timer on the shower valve and charge for the water. Add a soap dispenser, too; $1.00 per handful. Shampoo and Conditioner for $2.00.
Call it the Roman bath-o-matic.

Rome's lifetime membership didn't include that use fee so he'll have to pay to wash up and cool down. Or he could use the hose.

To set the record straight, I believe that Erwin is the only bon fide security agent allowed to spend the night. He is allowed one guest: Russ.
Double D has to find a place other than the LZ to park his home at night. Someone correct me, if that isn't the case.

No matter what the joke, the addition of real bathrooms will be a huge improvement. Just ask any of the ladies that brave the LZ now.

Our project managers should act, imminently, while we have the political and financial momentum.
Busto

Post by Busto »

That is the rule. Russ is Erwin's guest. I mentioned Daryl out of respect for all he has done. I do believe that he does reside somewhere else in the evenings.
Rome Dodson

OUTSIDE SHOWER HEAD

Post by Rome Dodson »

like the beach the h2o would shut off in 10 seconds. rome
Don

Curious - existing costs

Post by Don »

Just curious what we pay per year for the existing toilet(s) - one year round and a second for ~ 6 months.
OP

Post by OP »

I don't want to poo poo on the the new poo poo-er, "butt":

I imagine the professional weekly cleaning + occasional plummer costs will exceed the porta poty service costs by a factor of 2.

Remember the time: A female family member of a tandem somehow sprayed the entire interior of the porta-potty. It was nasty, I don't even know how she physically did it. I'm not sure if I could have done the same as a dude. She may have been part skunk.

Who i going to be cleaning this?
Don

Remember?

Post by Don »

OP wrote:Remember the time: A female family member of a tandem somehow sprayed the entire interior of the porta-potty. It was nasty, I don't even know how she physically did it. I'm not sure if I could have done the same as a dude. She may have been part skunk.

Who i going to be cleaning this?
Do I remember? No actually I don't - but thanks for the "visual" anyway. As for cleaning it - you would think it would be the person that made the mess. Of course, we all know that rarely happens. So who cleaned up after the porta-potty incident?

As for professional cleaning - we can pay for it by implementing JT's suggestion of installing a coin/bill mechanism. Maybe we can call it "Rome's Rent-A-Dump".

And thanks for NOT answering my question.
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Current toilet costs

Post by Ken Andrews »

Don,
Our current annual cost for the toilets (one in winter, two approximately from the Spring Air Festival through the Dahlsten Cup) runs about $2100, plus or minus about $100. Exact amounts are in the annual financial reports available in the Members area.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

I heard about a few close call landings over the years. Those few pilots may have benefited from a Bidet in a restroom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet
rsherwoo

Re: Current toilet costs

Post by rsherwoo »

Ken Andrews wrote:Don,
Our current annual cost for the toilets (one in winter, two approximately from the Spring Air Festival through the Dahlsten Cup) runs about $2100, plus or minus about $100. Exact amounts are in the annual financial reports available in the Members area.
If we used $1800 of this for bathroom cleaning, that would be $150 per month. I think we could find someone to clean the bathrooms once per week for $150 per month.
H4
skygeek AKA Seabass

Post by skygeek AKA Seabass »

I all ready approached a club member who will do it for less than 1/2 of that per month. We would provide cleaning supplies or give an allowance for getting them.