Friday again

A place to stretch the truth a little...
Vrezh

Friday again

Post by Vrezh »

We were watching conditions develop throughout the week and Friday looking pretty darn good, so it was somewhat disappointing to see how the soarcasts downgraded this morning.
There were 3 trips to the top, couple of tandems and bunch of us.
As the day went on, the flying got better and better, never mind a little stronger than usual winds aloft (I saw 12-21) and active air.
Altitudes were gained around 6K, multiple runs between Big T and West Towers (no Lukens), so still turned out to be as good as predicted earlier...

Tomorrow, Saturday, March 31, looks even better.

If I don't wake up in the morning still too tired (from today's 3+ hours of wrestling) and it still looks good on the computer screen, I might come again and join the party.
I don't do reports for weekends, because most everybody is out and flying anyway, but it sure would be nice to see you too guys telling us, who didn't fly, how it was.
JD

Post by JD »

How about an I-didn't-fly report? I didn't get above 88' MSL today except for a brief climb to about 96' MSL when I reached into the cabinet over our refrigerator to get some aluminum foil and parchment paper to bake a flank steak in the oven because I was too sick to go outside and light the BBQ. At 8:45 M I did make make a quick beer run (even though I neither flew nor landed out) in time before Grimm started. Pretty episode too.

Anyhow I appreciate the flight report and I'm really glad I didn't come out to fly in all that gusty wind on my go-nowhere Falcon and my dislocated shoulder weakened arms. OTOH - I have a visiting pilot coming down from NoCal on Monday and hopefully both you and I will be out to fly with Shawn and show the world what a great club we are.