May 18 Spring Air Silent Auction

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Cyndia

Post by Cyndia »

Hi all,

I have been trying for 2 days to post the item list for the Silent Auction! We have received over 80 items for the auction (I have grouped some together to keep the bidding to 60). Unfortunately when I try to post I get a Fast CGI error.

If you would like to see the complete list, please send me your email address to czumpft@singular.com and I will send you the list. I don't know what else to do...

I am happy to act as your proctor for bidding if you can't be at the event or you are competing just let me know what you want once you see the list.

Any other suggestions on getting this list posted would be appreciated!

Cyndia
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

I'd love to be able to fix the FastCgi errors, however the parameters I need to change are system wide and the provider is not allowing us to change the timeout parameters.

You have the same issues when editing a post. So you'll want to get it right the first time :evil:
Bob Kuczewski

Silent Auction List

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Hello Cyndia and Chip,

I was able to post the list for the silent auction here:

http://ushawks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1251

I had to do the bold and red formatting by hand, so please check it (in case I made any mistakes). I could try to post it here for you or you could get the bbcode from that post if you want to do it yourself. Please let me know.

Thanks for the updates on the event, and Chip, that Saturn looks mighty tempting!!

Fly Safe!!

Bob Kuczewski
Last edited by Bob Kuczewski on Sun May 05, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Cyndia

Post by Cyndia »

Thanks Bob for editing and posting. I'll follow up on your site.

Chip, I actually copied the entire post into a word document (with the formatting intact) and then pasted it into a new message would suffice without having to do additional editing. It did not! I also tried splitting the list in half so it was not as long, no such luck!

I can only ask pilots to please request the list from me and I will email it directly. I can be emailed at czumpft@singular.com.

Cyndia
Bob Kuczewski

Auction List

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

This is Cyndia's letter and I'll try to post the auction list in a separate message after this one.
Hi all,

Here are the items that have been graciously donated for our silent auction. If you have any questions, you can email me or post them here.

If you are NOT going to be able to come to the Spring Air event, you can still bid on these items. Email me at czumpft@singular.com with the Item # and your HIGHEST offer. I will start the bidding and bid up to your maximum (ebay style) The number listed in RED is the OPENING BID amount. If you win I will contact you and you can then pay the club. Additionally if you are competing and can’t be in the LZ, let me know your maximum bid and I will act as your proctor to bid up to that amount.

Do NOT respond to this post with your bid! EMAIL ME!!! I will not be able to check my email at the event so if you want to bid, email me by 6pm May 17th.

The auction will open at 10:30am on May 18th. Section A (items 1-30) will close at 4:30 and Section B (items 31-60) will close at 5pm. I will tally up the amounts due. IF YOU THINK YOU WON, please come to me so I don't have to track you down (cause I will). We accept cash and checks (NO CREDIT CARDS) so please plan accordingly!

There will also be two gliders auctioned live at the event during the award ceremony. Chip has posted pictures of one on the forum; the other is a Moyes GTR 175 World Beater donated by David Van Noppen (we hope to have good pictures posted soon). Both gliders will be set up at the event. Don't ask me questions about the gliders because I don't know anything about them

Cyndia
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
Bob Kuczewski

Auction List

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

This is the Auction List itself. I had to break it into a few posts to get around the dreaded "FAST CGI" error.
Item # Donated by Item Description Opening Bid

1 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Remember when sex was safe… Medium White T-shirt with hang gliders and the words "Remember when sex was safe… and hang gliding was dangerous? $5
2 VonNoppen Glass Gallery -- Cobalt Blue Vase Hand Blown Glass "Cobalt Blue Vase" by our own David Van Noppen with flying imagery sandblasted on it. Note Bill Soderquist descending under canopy in his control bar. $200
3 USHPA -- Men's Small long sleeve, blue denim shirt with a left chest V-top pocket, button down collar, and wood tone buttons. 6.5 oz, 100% cotton denim, USHPA logo on left chest. S (14-14 1/2 $10
4 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Delta Wing Kits and Gliders Inc A history in pictures of Delta Wing Kites and Gliders Inc $15
5 Windsports -- Big Blue Sky The Untold Story of Hang Gliding - The First Extreme Sport Big Blue Sky is a feature length documentary about hang gliding, the first extreme sport, and how it started. The story is told by the pioneers of the sport, and their stories are illustrated by exciting never-before-seen vintage movie clips and still images. $15
6 Wills Wing -- XLarge Black T-shirt with embroidered "Wills Wing " glider logo on left chest and red "Wills Wing" on right sleeve; Black baseball cap with white logo, Wills Wing bumper sticker $18
7 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Hang Gliding Ross Olney Many people think hang gliders are weird lashed-together contraptions made out of bamboo and plastic, and the pilots a curious bred of thrill-seeking death wishers. ... Always emphasizing the need to establish and maintain proper safety precautions, author Ross R. Olney here describes the joys of hang gliding and advised beginners on the procedures to follow to ensure a safe and happy flight the first time and every time. 1992 $5
8 Wills Wing – Small Black T-shirt with embroidered "Wills Wing " glider logo on left chest and red "Wills Wing" on right sleeve; Black baseball cap with white logo, Wills Wing bumper sticker $18
9 Beach Mex -- Large T-Shirt, Baseball cap, & $25 Gift Card- Best Mexican food in El Segundo - enjoyed by many pilots who have been flying at the beach! Their Carnitas Fajitas is Greg's favorite dish! $25
10 Wills Wing -- Large Warm and roomy black hoodie with embroidered "Wills Wing 40 Years " logo on left chest and large "Wills Wing" on lower back. & Bumper Sticker $25
11 Hungary Joe – Ladies Large Blue "Sylmar" T-shirt with a thermaling glider and Sylmar on the front $13
12 USHPA -- And the World Could Fly editors: Stephane Malbos and Noel Whittall Tells the story of how piloting for the masses became a possibility and then a reality. This is a tale of a free flight in every sense of the term." $16
13 Wills Wing -- Higher than Eagles by Maralys Wills and Chris Wills, Wills Wing Black Baseball Cap, & Bumper Sticker The story of a remarkable family, an extraordinary sport and an amazing son who became a living legend. Black baseball cap with offset "WW" logo and "Wills Wing" on the left side. Wills Wing bumper sticker $15
14 USHPA – Small Women's Black Fleece jacket. imported high loft high density anti-pill 13.5 oz. micro fleece full zip jacket with ultra-smooth finish on front and back side of fabric. Forward zippered pockets for storage, spandex trimmed cuffs and waist, tapered body design with dropped tail. USHPA logo on front upper left chest area. $13
15 GoPro -- HERO3 Silver Edition w/ 16GB Memory card HERO3 Silver edition and Micro SD Ultra SDHC Card 16 GB - Class 10, retail w/adapter. Wi-Fi enabled. The HERO3 is designed for recording action sports and it comes with a rugged, waterproof housing that can go down to a depth of 197' (60 m). The camera captures up to Full HD 1920 x 1080p video at 30 fps, but it also captures 960p, 720p and 480p video as well. Plus, it supports NTSC and PAL, and it can record up to 120 fps. For still images, the HERO3 supports 5, 8 and 11-megapixel photos. $155
16 Flytec -- Large White "Fly High Fly Far" Flytec T-Shirt; Flytec Bumper Sticker $11
17 USHPA -- Men’s Small White Pique Knit Polo Shirt with USHPA logo on front upper left corner. Preshrunk 100% ring spun combed cotton shirts, double needle stitched with flat knit collar and cuffs. Black baseball cap with USHPA logo on front. Plus - "I'd rather be Hang Gliding" bumper sticker $25
18 Flytec -- Large Blue US Women's Team Forbes 2013 Australia. Out and Return - It's the Australian Way! Flytec Bumper Sticker $11
19 USHPA -- Black Baseball cap with USHPA logo on front and "I'd rather be Hang Gliding" bumper sticker $11
Bob Kuczewski

Auction List - Part 2

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

More of the Auction list ...
20 VonNoppen Glass Gallery -- Atlantis Bowl Hand Blown Glass "Atlantis Bowl" by our own David Van Noppen. White cane bowl wrapped in transparent colors. $100
21 Windsports -- Introductory Beach Lesson You've always wanted to fly. Now you can! Come join the thousands that have broken free of the bonds of earth and safely soared above the soft sands of Dockweiler Beach. Mini Beach Lesson includes ground school and four flights. $40
22 Flytec -- Medium - Black 3-Season Jacket with large Flytec logo on the back. Fleece lined $49
23 USHPA -- Birdflight Aviation by Otto Lilienthal Otto Lilienthal's genius in scientific observations and analysis, documented in this work, became the basis for the experimentation of the early pioneers in aviational flight. The "hero" of the Wright brothers, Otto is considered to be "The Father of Gliding Flight." Plus - "I'd rather be Hang Gliding" bumper sticker $10
24 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Hang Glider Model Hang Glider Model from Bill's collection. Complete with King post that folds down $15
25 Flytec-- IQ Sonic Helmet Vario "The Sonic is a very small audio-only variometer ideal as a back-up vario, for tandem flights, dune soaring, or for the minimalists pilot who prefers the least amount of technology. Designed to be mounted on you helmet (Velcro), it is not necessary to remember to bring it with you, however, if used as a backup, it is small enough to tuck away in a harness pocket. Dual mode provides ascent and descent tone or ascent audio only. 200+ hour battery life means you don't need to think about batteries very often." $95
26 Flytec -- Medium Black Speed Sleeve, Flytec printed on both arms, Thicker and warmer than Lycra, 4-way stretch Nylon with fleece lining $23
27 Flytec -- XLarge - Blue Flytec Sweatshirt $18
28 Windsports -- Go-Pro Wide Hero Wearable Video Camera Go Pro 170* wide Angle Camera. The Wide HERO wearable and gear mountable action sports camera. It can capture automatic 5 megapixel photos every 2 seconds for over an hour or 56 minutes of TV resolution video when using a 2GB SD Card. Waterproof to 100' and built to take a beating! the Wide HERO is sold with camera and housing only, as an add-on camera for GoPro's line of quick-release camera systems. Compatible with GoPro's full line of helmet, vehicle, gear and accessory mounts. Batteries NOT included! $40
29 Flytec – M/L Black Hooded Heavyweight Lycra Speed Sleeve, Flytec printed on both arms, Max UV and wind protection, Badass Ninja look $20
30 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Hang Gliding Handbook--Fly Like a Bird George Siposs The Complete Flight Manual for Hang Gliding Enthusiasts. First Edition, 1975. $5
31 Tom Casper -- Black Russian Chocolate Cherry Cake If you have not had one of Tom's cakes, now is your chance. Absolutely divine! If you win, please share a piece with Cyndia! Priceless $15
32 USHPA -- Birdflight Aviation by Otto Lilienthal Otto Lilienthal's genius in scientific observations and analysis, documented in this work, became the basis for the experimentation of the early pioneers in aviational flight. The "hero" of the Wright brothers, Otto is considered to be "The Father of Gliding Flight." Plus - "I'd rather be Hang Gliding" bumper sticker $12
33 USHPA -- Small Women's Black Fleece Jacket. Imported high loft high density anti-pill 13.5 oz. micro fleece full zip jacket with ultra-smooth finish on front and back side of fabric. Forward zippered pockets for storage, spandex trimmed cuffs and waist, tapered body design with dropped tail. USHPA logo on front upper left chest area. $13
34 Hungary Joe Dark Green "Sylmar" T-shirt Men's Medium Dark Green Sweatshirt with a thermaling glider and Sylmar on the front $17
35 USHPA -- And the World Could Fly editors: Stephane Malbos and Noel Whittall Tells the story of how piloting for the masses became a possibility and then a reality. This is a tale of a free flight in every sense of the term." $16
36 USHPA -- Medium Black Fleece Vest Lycra-trimmed armholes and waistband. Zip-close pockets. Anti-pill. Embroidered with the USHPA logo on the front upper left corner. Our R-Tek (TM) fleece vest has superior loft and is resiliently anti-pill to keep its good looks. $15
37 USHPA -- Birdflight Aviation by Otto Lilienthal Otto Lilienthal's genius in scientific observations and analysis, documented in this work, became the basis for the experimentation of the early pioneers in aviational flight. The "hero" of the Wright brothers, Otto is considered to be "The Father of Gliding Flight." Lilienthal's definitive book has been out of print for almost a century, but is now available to everyone for a wonderful and absorbing journey into aviational history. Plus - "I'd rather be Hang Gliding" bumper sticker $12
38 USHPA -- Yellow USHPA Carry-on Small Duffel Bag with the words Focused Pilot. Very cool looking and NOT in the USHPA catalog! $15
39 VonNoppen Glass Gallery -- Dichroic Paperweight Hand Blown Glass "Dichroic Paperweight" by our own David Van Noppen. Beautiful round paperweight $75
Bob Kuczewski

Auction List - Part 3

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Last part of the Auction List from Cyndia's email message:
40 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Hang Gliding The Basic Handbook of Skysurfing Signed by Dan Poynter A how-to, where-to book covering all aspects of this exciting and recently reborn aviation sport. Inscribed to Bill Bennett "With very best wishes Dan Poynter 1974" $5
41 USHPA -- Small (14-14 1/2) - Men's, long sleeve, blue denim shirt with a left chest V-top pocket, button down collar, and woodtone buttons. 6.5 oz, 100% cotton denim. USHPA logo on left chest. $10
42 USHPA -- Small White Men’s Pique Knit Polo Shirt with USHPA logo on front upper left corner. These are preshrunk 100% ring spun combed cotton shirts, double needle stitched with flat knit collar and cuffs. $15
43 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Paragliding in America First Edition Signed by Marcus Salvemini This book is designed to help you decide which sites you wish to visit and provide you with a contact person or guide who will be able to take you to the sites, show you the roads, explain the protocol, forecast the weather and explain the considerations to allow for safe and enjoyable flying. 1992 $25
44 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Kiting The Basic Handbook of Tow Launched Hang Gliding Dan Poynter A how-to, where-to-go book covering all aspects of kite flying from the other end of the line. 1974. $3
45 VonNoppen Glass Gallery -- Hang Glider Sculpture Hand Blown Glass "Hang Glider Sculpture" by our own David Van Noppen. Glass glider over clear cloud gives you something to dream about when you are sitting at work! $30
46 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Hang Gliding According to Pfeiffer: Skills for the Advancing Pilot signed by Rich Pfeiffer Inscription: Uncle Bill - You've been a true inspiration Rich. "Before you read this book, there's one important fact you should know about it (and which you should bear in mind throughout your reading), and that is much of what it says is strictly my opinion." First Edition, 1984. $25
47 Miles Klein, CPA -- Magic Castle Admittance Pass for Four Open Sesame! Entrance pass good for up to four adults to go to the Magic Castle. Reservations are required and dinner must be purchased. See Cyndia for additional details! $40
48 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Far Gone Flying signed by Bob Lafay On those down wind days instead of kicking rocks I kindly and gently kick myself and fellow flyers with pen and pencil. I first left planet earth…via hang glider… in 1973 and have been trying to keep of it ever since. Here then is a collection of what I think of hang gliding... from "Standards" to Blade Wings... and beyond. Keep OFF the Ground. 1991 $5
49 Emily Brown -- Eggceptional Eggs! Two dozen eggs from the happiest chickens in the southland! Emily will provide you with eggs next spring/summer (when the hens start laying again). Email her for delivery of a dozen at a time to the LZ.! Priceless $8
50 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Large White T-shirt with hang gliders and "Remember when sex was safe… and hang gliding was dangerous? $5
51 USHPA -- And the World Could Fly editors: Stephane Malbos and Noel Whittall Tells the story of how piloting for the masses became a possibility and then a reality. See how the happy conjunction of the research of NASA aerodynamicists and the determination of Australian water-ski showmen produced a hang glider anyone could fly. This is a tale of a free flight in every sense of the term." $16
52 Hungary Joe – Large Dark Grey "Sylmar" T-shirt with a thermaling glider and Sylmar on the front $13
53 Windsports -- Introductory Beach Lesson You've always wanted to fly. Now you can! Come join the thousands that have broken free of the bonds of earth and safely soared above the soft sands of Dockweiler Beach. Mini Beach Lesson includes ground school and four flights. $42
54 Flytec -- Small Green US Women's Team Forbes 2013 Australia. Out and Return - It's the Australian Way! Flytec Bumper Sticker $11
55 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Return to Earth - First Edition Signed by Buzz Aldrin. Inscribed to Bill Bennett "to Bill Bennett Very Best Wishes for All Landings to be Happy Buzz Aldrin" After his historic walk on the moon, Buzz Aldrin returned to earth a hero. This is his story. 1973 $50
56 Bill Bennett Memorabilia -- Olive Green T-Shirt - Just fly Hang Gliding Team Member Large Olive green T-shirt with the words "Just Fly Hang Gliding Team Member" and "A Drinking Team with a Hang Gliding Problem; Just Fly" on the back $5
57 Wills Wing -- Higher than Eagles - by Maralys Wills and Chris Wills. The story of a remarkable family, an extraordinary sport and an amazing son who became a living legend. - Black baseball cap with offset "WW" logo and "Wills Wing" on the left side. Wills Wing bumper sticker $15
58 Sport Aviation Publications -- The Secrets of Champions by Dennis Pagen - SIGNED COPY Over 6 years in the making, 17 of the world’s top pilots, from 9 different countries, offer their different perspectives along with their insights. $15
59 Wills Wing – X-Large Black T-shirt Embroidered "Wills Wing " glider logo on left chest and red "Wills Wing" on right sleeve; Black baseball cap with white logo, Wills Wing bumper sticker $18
60 Sara Richard -- USHPA Magazine Cover Oct 2012 Like the title says, This is the illustration for the October USHPA Magazine. $10
Cyndia

May 18 Silent Auction List!!!

Post by Cyndia »

Thank you Bob for posting this! I tried breaking it up but I guess not enough.

If anyone wants to bid on any of these items and you either can't be at the event or will be flying, let me know your Maximum bid and I will bid the item up to that amount (ebay style). Email me (don't respond to this post!) at czumpft@gmail.com with the ITEM # and your maximum bid.

Cyndia
Cyndia

Credit Cards!

Post by Cyndia »

The SHGA is now accepting credit cards at the Silent Auction - Visa, MC, Am Ex, & Discover using our fantastic Wi-fi, an iPad and a Square Reader. So now you can shop for the holidays! New SHGA t-shirts will be available as well as all of the Silent Auction items so graciously donated to our event.

See you all Saturday!