Never more

Please tell what happened and how it might have been avoided. Names should be ommitted. This forum should help others learn from mistakes that caused or nearly caused a mishap.
Steve Clark

Never more

Post by Steve Clark »

Never more
Last edited by Steve Clark on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OP

Post by OP »

This cat didn't pile in. He flew away clean. OZ for proof.
Steve Clark

N/A

Post by Steve Clark »

N/A
Last edited by Steve Clark on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OP

Post by OP »

Malury

Post by Malury »

Steve,
To learn from your own mistake is smart.
To learn from another person's mistake is brilliant.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sounds a little like sour grapes to me. A usually thoughtful, rapidly progressing pilot has a spectacular flight on an 8000'+ day, is mentored in flight by one of the best at Kagel and lands hoping to bask in a bit of intermediate glory.

Said pilot, his own harshest critic, is approached by an aspiring non-pilot cum driver who wishes to bring him back to earth with an admonishment over a slightly sketchy but otherwise unremarkable launch (according to another observer).

My opinion is the pilot will consider the information at a less euphoric moment; he's probably thankful that people care enough to watch him.

However, he doesn't need to read about his error here, too, just because the lay observer feels slighted in some fashion. I wouldn't want to either.
Steve Clark

I will watch and keep silent

Post by Steve Clark »

That's fine Jim, I will refrain from posting to the forum.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Let me be clear:
My issue isn't with posting an objective observation about safety. My problem is with reporting a subjective perception about a pilot's reaction to criticism. The job of informing the pilot of an error on launch is totally supportable. Complaining on the forum because the observer felt it wasn't taken to heart... 'nuf said.

However, you're free to post whatever you please - but so am I.