Ron progressing

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

DrJeff

Ron progressing

Post by DrJeff »

Guess who I spoke to yesterday? :) Ron said, "Hey buddy" when Denise handed him the phone and said it was Dr. Jeff. He tires easily, so that was the extent of it, but it was still great to hear his voice!

He's about to get his G-tube removed so that he will get all nutrition by eating normally. He continues to make little improvements in PT and Denise says he can make full short sentences in both Hebrew and English (the return of second languages generally indicate more brain healing). At the same time, he still has significant confusion and the road will be long, but it's great to know he continues taking small steps forward.
Jeff Bjorck
www.purepiano.com ~quiet music to calm the heart in a noisy world~
JD

Post by JD »

Thanks for the report Jeff. I was hoping to sneak in a few words direct with my matzoh bro the last time I tried calling his room but got the HIPPA treatment from the nurse. I'm glad to hear his voice second hand through your keyboard.
JD

Great news!!

Post by JD »

Posted earlier today by Ron's brother Tal:
Week 12: Ron Keinan has been at MossRehab for four weeks, and his progress has been remarkable. He is now speaking in full sentences, coherently, in English and in Hebrew. His memory is patchy, but notably more consistent and more contiguous from week to week. He suffers frequent bouts of confusion, but that is common in TBI recovery. He walks around the facility with a safety spotter, and is reclaiming motor skills through an intensive physical therapy program. Moss more-than earns its reputation. The staff here stays at the cutting edge of TBI research, and has been innovative, resourceful, and touchingly-personally dedicated to Ron's rehabilitation. Please feel free to visit if you come through Philadelphia. You will find Ron engaging and funny. He is really Ron. As he said last week, "I am back." You can coordinate with Amber Landeau Keinan, Denise Nachemia Keinan, Zippy Wiener, Jeffrey Wiener, Douglas Wiener, or me. One of us is always here. In any case, we will try to get Ron to make a video clip thanking everyone for your support. We all thank you. I believe it has made all the difference. Wishing everyone health, happiness and the opportunity for reflection and gratitude during the holidays.
filthy

Ron Keinan

Post by filthy »

I just got back from visiting Ron and he is doing great!
Denise asked me to visit at 12:00 while he is on his lunch break and stay for about 1/2 hour or so max. She wants to make sure he eats and takes it easy. You know Ron can be a bit of a talker (LOL).
He would like to see people, so if you can get to Venture Blvd and Balboa at lunch time stop and say hi. Monday thur Friday he will be there rehabbing. Phill
DrJeff

Post by DrJeff »

Great news! Do you know the name of the place? Trying to get an address on Google maps.
Jeff Bjorck
DrJeff

Post by DrJeff »

I had a great visit with Ron today during his lunch hour. He looks great. He has a solid 30% grip strength in his right hand (which wasn't even moving before Philadelphia). He laughed at my jokes (not sure that is a sign of progress though!). His speech is still somewhat confused, so he repeats some anchor words and phrases quite a bit, which I believe is normal for this phase of recovery. The wonderful part is that some of those repeated words are "lucky," "blessed," and "grateful."

He's a fighter, and I expect to see more progress in the days and weeks ahead. Go RON!
Jeff Bjorck