Chris Smith on US National team

Moderator: Comp Committee

JBBenson

Chris Smith on US National team

Post by JBBenson »

From the Oz Report:

Ron Gleason jumps back in and calculates the NTSS points, putting Chris Smith on US National team: (Davis Straub reporting)

After seeing my article (http://ozreport.com/10.257#1) about how the USHPA had repeatedly failed to put the most recent NTSS points calculation up on their web site (may still not be there). Ron Gleason, who for six months after I was fired did the calculation, and who had stopped doing it and asked the USHPA to do it, jumped back in to get it done. He took the results from the Gulgong Classic and calculated that Chris Smith had enough points to jump ahead of Mike Barber and qualify as the sixth man on the US National Team, in time for the Worlds in Big Spring.

Thanks to Ron for his heroic efforts.

Chris started competing in January in Australia (and in one meet previously in 2005 in the US) and competed throughout the year in the US and Australia. Only two of his Australian meets counted for his final NTSS ranking (NTSS rule). Congratulations to Chris for his showing and good luck at the upcoming Worlds.

(end)

So,
I assume that is "our" Chris Smith....?
Congratulations and Godspeed!
I hope he will keep us updated back here on the Ranch...