Post by Vrezh »

Cutter wrote;
"April 15, 2018 8:48am
Report of very active air..."
"...and one flight to San Bernardino as well..."

I am thrilled, who was it?
It's a remarkable flight, it's worth mentioning
pilot's name.

(Specially for the flightless brethren, like myself:-))

So, who was it?
gregangsten

Who?

Post by gregangsten »

Greg Kendall, of course. If he has any shred of decency, he will write a flight report post.
Greg Kendall

Post by Greg Kendall »

That was me. The XC Skies forecast (or my interpretation of it) said it could be a 7,000-ft day, but the haze made me very skeptical. Despite the haze, I got to 8k at Lukens and couldn’t let that go to waste. I got to 7,800 again at Harvard. That, and another climb over the powerlines, got me across the San Gabriel River, but down to 4,500. I milked some slow climbs to get over my favorite meadow, where it turned on, eventually taking me to 9,200 near Cucamonga. I had kind of a crappy glide after that, but was still high enough to make AJX.

When I got there, it was lift everywhere. I got back up to 5,600 and contemplated continuing East, but the thought of spending hours in some field waiting for a retrieval (that I had not yet arranged) didn’t sit well. It was also blowing about 15 mph out of the West at that end of the flight. The trip took a little under three hours, but I spent another 40 minutes just hanging around waiting for the lift and wind to mellow out. The landing was uneventful. Thanks to Steve Clark for the retrieval and thanks to the Crestline folks for the tacos and beer.

I just looked at my flight log. The first time I did that flight was almost exactly 10 years ago. I followed Cutter, Sea Bass, and Vrezh (who left me in his dust at Lukens). Good times.[/img]
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

But of course !

Impressive, Greg.
As always :D
Youthemaaan !

Thanks Greg,
and Greg.
Greg Kendall

Post by Greg Kendall »