Towers to Glendora on Saturday

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

Towers to Glendora on Saturday

Post by JD »

http://imageevent.com/aero92/glendora Story to follow. The photos and captions tell the essentials. Special thanks to Joe Greblo for taking the time away from his ace student, Nanda and downloaded the photos from Dana's camera's internal memory!
JD

Post by JD »

The exciting, animated, silent, 7-minute video. Use the link for HQ.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVMPkXk7fg[/youtube]
TomS

Post by TomS »

Thank god the first row of cars had been flattened!
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I must say,that was cutting it awfully close to the building .great flying 8)I'm glad you landed safe :)
Chip
Site Admin

Important Lessons

Post by Chip »

Although we're all glad you're safe, not sure this event is being portrayed as what it really is. The consequences for not "pulling it off" were dire, and severe.

After doing something similar in Elsinore a few years ago, it changed my tactics and safety margin forever (I hope). Taking the more conservative approach may not be the macho or sky god thing to do, but it will "likely" keep you alive for a better run towards goal another day.

Looking at your track, I suggest there was other better choices given your apparent dire situation. With only 3 miles to the San Dimas golf course, you "may" have been able to ride the ridge up to Johnstone Pk and had a much better , or at least safer landing approach into San Dimas.

Further to your west you passed up much better LZ's along E. Sierra Madre, or Fish Canyon. Those LZ's would have been much more forgiving and less dramatic, although you wouldn't have gotten nearly the reception from your fan club (who all looked stoked to see you) 8)

I've created a KMZ file so others can take a look at the landing potentials in the area (or lack there of).

Glendora Google Earth File
JD

Post by JD »

TomS wrote:Thank god the first row of cars had been flattened!
ROTFLMAO!