Dockweiler Event - Sextathalon event

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Lynn McLaughlin

Dockweiler Event - Sextathalon event

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Hey Folks, It's that time of year to gather and fly Dockweiler. This Club event requires that we show up to support our training site and have fun flying the dunes.

It's been confirmed that Surfer Bob and Rob Burgis are organizing the annual Dockweiler Sextathalon. This event is always fun. Previous years have included fly/bike/swim events and I invite Bob and Rob to chime in here with further details.

SHGA will provide shade structures, sodas, water and lunch fare (read: sandwiches and salads) Folks are welcome to add to the menu with a reminder that state lawy prohibits alcohol on the beach.

Bring beach stuff: sunscreen, hat and chairs and a willingness to have fun and fly.

We need volunteers. Please reply to me directly if you can assist with transporting coolers, ice, sodas, shade structures. And, I am looking for a couple able-bodied assistants to help with the distance flying event. More details to follow. See you on the beach Saturday 9/19/09!
Don

Is this still a GO?

Post by Don »

I haven't heard/seen a word :o - I sent an message to Lynn about food and haven't received a response.
Lynn McLaughlin

Hi Don,

Thanks for posting here because I did not receive a message from you. If you have a large cooler for drinks that would be great. Let me know if there is anything else you might want to bring. We will have enough sandwiches and side dishes for 75 people. Extra side dishes and bevarages are welcome

For everyone,
Registration for the Sextathalon begins at 11am. Rules and guidlines will be available on site. They are looking for extra tennis balls so, please let me know if you have some you can bring for the day. This year, Bob and Rob have the following planned. :
Fly for Distance
Bike for Distance
Golf - closest to the pin
Beach Flags
Swim to the Tennis Ball
Beach Run

Awarding of Prizes
After a brief rest period and time for the judges to do final accounting, certificates of awards will be handed out at the top of Launch near the party area. The first female in the final standings will also be honored. In case of a tie, a final secret event will determine winner.
No appeals will be heard by the official Sextathlon judges.
Don

Cooler

Post by Don »

Lynn,

Sounds like you have everything already lined-up for the event - except one cooler. Consequently, I think I will "pass" on attending - hopefully someone else can bring the needed one more cooler.

Hopefully I can provide something more useful for the Dahlston.

Don
Tom C

Post by Tom C »

Here's a handful of photos from the party.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... edd878fd30
Tom
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

Joe, thanks for my 1st, 2nd and 3d HG flights :D

Alex
Lynn McLaughlin

Tom,

Great shots! Thanks for sharing them with us. Perhaps we can add them to the "Previous Events" archives on the website

L
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Here's some pictures of the after party party http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDRiWwafDNY 8)
Lynn McLaughlin

Thanks Oscar... great shots! You caught us celebrating - something we do as well as flying! :-)