Cotes Cliff (Colonet) trip

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

gregangsten

Cotes Cliff (Colonet) trip

Post by gregangsten »

Cotes Cliff is a 10 mile long cliff along the ocean located about a hundred miles south of Ensenada. A group from Elsinore gets together trips down there every year, usually in January, February and March. I've gone several times but haven't been there in a couple years and I'm eager to go again. Check their events page: http://www.theeteam.org/eteam6.htm
We camp on the top over the ocean - there is no real town there, so you need to bring food and water, but the last 2 times I went, a family who has a little place out there came out and made us dinner Saturday night and breakfast on Sunday. Land on top, grab a little lunch, take a leak and launch again. You can also land on the beach if necessary.

The dates have changed from that originally listed on the web page above. They have a group together for the weekend of the 13th this month, and I suggested moving it to President's day weekend for the Feb trip. I may make it this month but next month I'll be going for sure and then maybe go on to Scammons lagoon to check out the Gray Whales calving there for a couple days. I usually leave my place near LAX around 4 in the morning on Saturday, meet the others for breakfast in San Ysidro, and arrive as the wind comes up in late morning. If you are interested in going, contact me (greg@photometrics.net) or at 714 895 4465 during the day and 310 216 9816 evenings. I want to know if people are more interested in President's Day weekend or the origninal dates of the 23rd and 24th. I have some pictures I can send you, too.
gregangsten

Cotes this weekend

Post by gregangsten »

I think I'm going to jump in on this weekend's trip. If anyone wants to join me and share a ride, let me know.

greg
gregangsten

Cotes cancelled

Post by gregangsten »

It's looking like winds will be too north so we cancelled the trip. Definitely going in March, though. 3/24-3/25. Best time anyway, with all the wildflowers blooming in the desert south of Ensenada.
gregangsten

Post by gregangsten »

We are definitely on for this weekend. Currently we have two trucks and a Winnebago going. If anyone is interested in flying La Salina Friday and moving on to Cotes on Saturday. let me know.
Greg 714 895 4465 days, 310 216 9816 eves.
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

Greg, what is that thing in your avatar :D ?
Vrezh.
gregangsten

Excellent weather and flying at Cotes

Post by gregangsten »

We had two perfect days at the cliffs where we could make the whole 10 mile trip to the point and back without breaking a sweat. It's a very beautiful place to fly with spectacular views. I get a kick out of being able to easily top land, kick back, and then take off again whenever I want. On Saturday my last landing was after sunset , but one pilot was flying long enough to land in the dark. We had a half dozen pilots plus an old guy in his huge motor home towing a trailer with a powered parachute. He was hard of hearing and didn't catch on that we didn't have motors until he got there.