Wills Wing featured on Discovery Channel

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

jcflies

Wills Wing featured on Discovery Channel

Post by jcflies »

Wednesday, June 11 8:30 pm (according to today's Oz Report). It's part of a series about small / unusual factories. They took a lot of footage of Mitch "ripping and shredding relentlessly" at Elsinore. With any luck, we'll see some of that, too!
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
JD

High Res Streaming Version Available

Post by JD »

TomS

Post by TomS »

Thanks for putting up the link.
JD

Post by JD »

TomS wrote:Thanks for putting up the link.
You're welcome!

I was at WW this afternoon trying on helmets for size and Mike Meier was more bemused than amused about the way TDC mishandled the facts and took 3 full days of video and interviews then missed all or most of the salient points in the final 6 minute edit. Everyone else in the shop was pretty amused and the guy in the episode (I forgot his name) who got the most air time was given a fake Oscar by the rest of the shop. I'm sorry I didn't bring my camera with me and record my own video. ;-)
Christian

Post by Christian »

What were the mishandled facts?
JD

Post by JD »

Christian wrote:What were the mishandled facts?
Start reading here: http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=20

I was joking with Mike because I'm featured in the LA Times in tomorrow's Health & Fitness section: http://www.latimes.com/features/health/ ... full.story I was going to compare the two stories for errors, etc. I think Mike got the short end of the stick. The concensus in the recumbent cycling community is that the Times did a pretty good job of it (in the online version). The print version should be the same but with (hopefully) larger photos. We'll see in about 10 hours from now. I'm hoping to use this op to try for some press for the SHGA/Windsports. We'll see.