Can you give me a home?

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Chip
Site Admin

Can you give me a home?

Post by Chip »

After returning from our trip around the USA, our son Jared was followed home by this young girl on Saturday August 13th in the Sylmar area close to El Cariso park. We think she is about a year old. She was a little under nourished, but we're feeding her well and she gobbles up her meals.

We went to the vet to see if she was chipped, but there was nothing. We're not sure if she's been fixed but think that she isn't.

Lilo (our dog) and her get along OK, but Lilo, doesn't neccessarily like the company. We'd love to keep her but our yard is much to small for two dogs.

We might have "Kona" (what we named her for now, means special lady in Hawaiian) at Rob's party for a little while if you're interested.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Chip,

Our dog rescue can take her and find her a great home.

I sent you a private email.

Thanks for saving her.
Flyyyyy
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I'm not sure if the private email thing works since it's still sitting in my outbox, so I'm putting it here:

Hey Chip,

Kona is beautiful and thanks for saving her. Whatever you do, don't take her to the pound.

I do dog rescue on the side and our rescue can take Kona, and find her a home. We are : Marley's Pit Stop Rescue

You can find out about us at the website. We do adoption events on Saturdays and Sundays, which is why I hardly ever fly anymore on weekends. We are very careful and picky about who we adopt to, so she will get a great home.

If you want us to take her, I can pick her up, whenever you want.

Glenn Smith

Thanks,
Glenn
Last edited by Glenn on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyyyyy
Chip
Site Admin

Kona has a family

Post by Chip »

Jim and Kathy Thompson, after about a week decided to adopt Kona. Nice thing about that is we get to see her occasionally

Thank you Glenn for the offer.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Great to hear.

Thanks to all involved for saving her.
Flyyyyy
Jim

Re: Can you give me a home?

Post by Jim »

I had to look this up since we never kept track of how long Mila (Kona) has been with us. So, it's been nine years now and we have been blessed with a the most human-loving (but animal hating) family member you may imagine. At 10 to 11 years, she's getting on for a Shepherd-Husky(?) mix, having a little trouble getting around (her hip X-ray reminds me of Cathy's before her replacement) but she's still enthusiastic and wants to chase her toys and reflected spots from anyone's watch. And she follows me everywhere. She still looks pretty much like the picture above, a little grayer around the muzzle, but still weighing in at 75lbs. (down from 96, when she tried to kill everyone else's dog).

Thanks, Chip, for offering up a friend that that we wouldn't otherwise have had.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the quick and the dead.