Towers Launch and Camp 9

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

gregangsten

Towers Launch and Camp 9

Post by gregangsten »

Towers launch is open to club members again.
Please be aware of the airspace restrictions around Camp 9. This image shows the area that should be traversed directly without lingering. Unlike LAX, The red zone is OK for thermaling but the white zone is for straight traversal only, no parking.

JD

Post by JD »

Do we need to be carrying a copy of the new permit or will the 2006 version on the members only section of the web site suffice?
gregangsten

permit

Post by gregangsten »

SHGA paid the fee for the permit this year on time but we never received any document. We are still trying to get one from them but we're not going to wait a year for them to get around to it.
JD

Post by JD »

Here's the No-Fly Zone visualized from a different angle. Click to open in full res.

gregangsten

Heli pad

Post by gregangsten »

I think the helicopter pad is actually where Camp 9 is, isn't it? Can someone who knows for sure chime in?
Jim

Post by Jim »

You are correct, Greg, the helipad is at the western end of the Camp 9 compound, just north/east of the road. The picture shows it at the top of the peak where part of the old Nike installation was.
JD

Post by JD »

Jim wrote:You are correct, Greg, the helipad is at the western end of the Camp 9 compound, just north/east of the road. The picture shows it at the top of the peak where part of the old Nike installation was.
Thanks. I have only see the helicopter coming down from the area of the pad on the far West so I went with that. You're both correct. Hit F5 on your browsers to refresh and you'll see the corrected graphic. I also found this on an amateur radio hiker's blog.