Leaky valve

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

max

Leaky valve

Post by max »

I've been working on cars for about 40 years did all kind of repairs over those 40 years now my own engine which is 56 years old, one of those four valves developed a leak, so I thought fixing it myself should be no problem, But sterilizing my tools in brake cleaner is not such a good idea plus I would have to lay down on my back and work with mirror  which I'm not good at and I would have to stop the engine to do the repair, that's when I decided to let an expert to do the job here is a short video off the procedure so I going to be grounded for a short time.
[youtube] https://youtu.be/B9b_VCjI3n0 [/youtube]
Smile now Cry later
MAX
KatShaw

Post by KatShaw »

Max is going in for surgery today, July 13 th, he will be at Torrance memorial. Will update you when Norma updates me. He can possibly have visitors on Thursday. Good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Kat Shaw
Steve90266

Max

Post by Steve90266 »

Kat, let me know the hospital and I'll go see him. Thanks!
Steve Murillo
Fat Fred

Post by Fat Fred »

We wish you the best on this valve job!!

Fred and Nancy
KatShaw

Post by KatShaw »

UPDATE: Max came thru surgery just fine. Sleeping in ICU will be in ICU for 2 days Looks like we can go see him at TORRANCE MEMORIAL ON FRIDAY.
Kat Shaw
jimshaw

Post by jimshaw »

Max, I thought that was just an excuse to go to Italy! (I watched the video.) Fast and full recover cool dude!
Greg DeWolf

Get Well

Post by Greg DeWolf »

Max,

Get well and come fly at the beach. We're all waiting for you.

Greg
JD

Post by JD »

Max,
I hope they gave you a new timing chain so your valves open close in perfect 'ham'ony*,
Tschüß,
Jonathan

*inside joke.
KatShaw

Post by KatShaw »

UDATE: Max is doing fine out of ICU and can have visitors he is in room 4147 at Torrance Memorial. He has his phone so you can call him.
Kat Shaw
JD

Post by JD »

KatShaw wrote:UDATE: Max is doing fine out of ICU and can have visitors he is in room 4147 at Torrance Memorial. He has his phone so you can call him.
Great. We can have a heart-to-heart discussion. Maybe he needs a relief valve. I'll bet he's pumped. :lol:
KatShaw

Post by KatShaw »

The address is 3330 Lomita blvd Torrance Jaromar Wagner
Kat Shaw
Malury

Post by Malury »

Max,
We wish you a speedy and complete recovery! Then get up and grace our sky once again. Long may you fly brother.

And hats of to Kat Shaw for relaying such important news. What a club!
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Max,

Sending you all the best for a speedy and complete recovery!

~Lynn
max

Post by max »

Back home again, engine is running. For now just at idle. I have to wait until the valve is seated before i can put load on the engine. Thank you everyone for all the support -MAX
Smile now Cry later
MAX
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

max wrote:Back home again, engine is running. For now just at idle. I have to wait until the valve is seated before i can put load on the engine. Thank you everyone for all the support -MAX
Engine? Looked more like a fuel pump to me. :)

Best wishes Max. Come down to Dockweiler any time and make us all look like ameteurs while you're recovering.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.