Crestline tomorrow 9/28/22 (Wednesday)

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

stebbins

Crestline tomorrow 9/28/22 (Wednesday)

Post by stebbins »

For what it is worth, the current forecast for Crestline tomorrow is Stellar! 9-11k altitudes!?!
Yes, it is only a forecast, but I'm taking off from my weekday stuff to go fly!
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
Vrezh

Re: Crestline tomorrow 9/28/22 (Wednesday)

Post by Vrezh »

So, how was it, George?
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

It was pretty darned good. I got to 10,100+ feet at Pine Flats the first time I was there around 1:45. Then 8k+ a half hour later. Then it got less high, but I had no trouble getting to 7k. I did land early (after just under 3 hours) because a T-storm with lightning etc. was setting up over Yucaipa. It never sent a gust front our way, but I decided not to risk it. In any case, a fun day. Went to almost Cajon pass, and to Rim of the World High School in my Sport 2. Tough getting back from the school, as the wind got stronger and more West. But I got back and got above 6500 feet afterwards. Did some other stuff, then arrived at the LZ about 5k. Then deliberately landed due to the storm. So, all in all, a good day, with the early part being stellar.

I don't think anyone else broke 9k, but I know several folks got above 8k. Mostly they launched too late to get the best altitudes. But they still had a great flying day. I had a lot of fun.
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

Sweeeeet !!!

Thanks George.