One view of Friday's flying

A place to stretch the truth a little...
JD

One view of Friday's flying

Post by JD »

A very hazy and turbulent Friday at Sylmar. I flew with Rob & Jim and we all went to the have layer together and had to peal off in different directions. Unfortunately I picked the losing route and was too low to cross the gap to the Little-T. Fortunately that gave me a chance to enjoy some beautiful scenery I would have otherwise missed, including a magnificent contrail shadow, another nice climb to the haze and a SouthWest 737 about a 1/2 mile away. When I came into the land I picked a bad ground level thermal/wind cycle and was about to get blown over the side of our LZ and into the wash. In order to make the course correction I used up all the glider's energy and needed to slide into home plate. I slowed that down to 1/10th speed so you could catch all the plowing action.

The name of the video is a word play on the two music tracks which are from Azam Ali's new CD: Lamentation of Swans. One of the main instruments is the GuitarViol that was built by one of our neighbors over near the Red Spot. So far I've been unsuccessful in getting him to come out and play.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWMInPF-EUE[/youtube]
wlatto

go pro mount

Post by wlatto »

Should I just use the mount with the stick-on and then slide on the camera?