SCFR2015 Task 6

Moderator: Comp Committee

jdevorak

SCFR2015 Task 6

Post by jdevorak »

Task 6 but I’m not sure what day. Let me do the math. It must be Friday. Ken Andrews had a impressive story. About 500 feet the dragonfly hit a blue dust devil and he broke a weak link. He turned back to land and found 700 up. He just kept circling and climbed out. The same thing happened to the next glider, which was Steve Pearson. He climbed out under Ken. I am one of the last to go given my poor performance so far. I was dropped off in one hundred up. It was still 25 minutes before the first clock so the only thing to do was stick with it, for a long long time. Eventually the climb rate got better and it took me to 7,000 drifting me toward the Casa Grande Mountains. Can’t complain about that. Then I saw about 10 gliders lower, coming back toward start, and heading right for me! I thought that’s ok. I’ll have pilots to fly with. The longer I stayed the more altitude I lost. After losing about 400 feet I decide I didn’t want to lose any more so I went or course. Kendall and some others were way out front already. Jonny, Kraig, and Ryan Voit were circling with me except I think they stayed back for a better start time. I went in between start clocks. This time I got to the Casa Grande Mountains with better altitude. I searched for a thermal. I saw the others coming but higher. I was their bitch. Ken and Greg were up ahead and higher. I played catch up to the first turnpoint. I was coming in to each gaggle late and lower. But, not by too much. After the first turn point the climbs were slower. I left each one when I saw a group in front of me circling. Then I started seeing gliders on the ground. Each time I flew over one I thought I’m not last anymore. I had some good low glides and landed 2.5k from the second turn point. Ken and Greg had landed about 3 miles in front of me. I am happy again.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!