Yosemite

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

arthur

Re: Yosemite

Post by arthur »

And it sounds like next year we can fly, but not 2021.
So if you want to fly Yosemite you should get your H4 sooner rather than later.

This critical road work on Glacier Point Road is scheduled to begin in spring 2021. Glacier Point Road will be closed for the entire 2021 visitor season, and there will be traffic delays on Glacier Point Road in 2022
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

NICE !!!
Steve, thanks for filming and posting,
I put it on big screen in the living room and we
watched it, almost felt like we were there)))
gregangsten

Post by gregangsten »

So if it still looks like we can fly next year, I'm going to give a shot at getting the group campsite there for a weekend in July. Maybe the weekend of 18-19 near the new moon. The first day (and only day, actually) to do that is March 15. I think if people could rely on having a campsite no matter what time they arrive, more would arrive. It's $50 per night so even if only a handful came, it would be OK with me. Might as well try.

If someone wanted to do that for a date before July 15, they would make the reservation a month earlier, at 7AM February 15.
TerryH

Post by TerryH »

gregangsten wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:35 pm So if it still looks like we can fly next year, I'm going to give a shot at getting the group campsite there for a weekend in July. Maybe the weekend of 18-19 near the new moon. The first day (and only day, actually) to do that is March 15. I think if people could rely on having a campsite no matter what time they arrive, more would arrive. It's $50 per night so even if only a handful came, it would be OK with me. Might as well try.

If someone wanted to do that for a date before July 15, they would make the reservation a month earlier, at 7AM February 15.
After you mentioned it while we were there, I was thinking what a great idea it was. My vision would be to book the site for about 6 days, Thursday through Tuesday, and see if we can persuade Andy to monitor on Monday/Tuesday and someone with weekend availability for Sat/Sun. I'd be fine with getting there on Thursday to make sure there's at least one person camping. I can bring more than one tent... :) I assume with reservation we pay for the whole stay at reservation time? I'd be happy to take that on. With four potential flying days there would be more incentive to come and more flexibility for those that need it. And folks with families would be able to take more time to see the sights.
Steve90266

Post by Steve90266 »

Thanks, Vrezh. It was a great trip. The flying was amazing, but the camping and camaraderie came in a close second. Count me and Pat in for next year!
Steve Murillo