Concerning the events and travels of this weekend (4th)

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

OP

Concerning the events and travels of this weekend (4th)

Post by OP »

The way I see it, things are breaking up in to 4 different camps. Owens, Jean (and possibly beyond), Soboba-Elsinore, and the Horse factions.

Owens:
Mixed predictions. One thing for sure, very strong thermic conditions.
Few to none are committed to this trip.

Jean:
Prediction is for light wind in the area and solid lift. Looks good. Except for the holiday massacre traffic. It appears we would fight the traffic battle Friday staying at a hotel in jean. The goldstrike in Jean is apparently semi-skeezy but only 70$night this weekend. Then returning Sunday night to skip the traffic of Monday night. http://www.goldstrikejean.com/
Adam N. and Richard Sh*w are nearly committed to this trip and several are leaning this direction.

Soboba-Elsinore-Crestline run:
Camp or day trip to Soboba Saturday then try for Elsinore on Sunday. Soboba is running a low AGL yet multiple trip approach which is geared for PGs, yet once you get up on a HG it should be a good flight.
Alex W., Ken A. and Will R. have all expressed interest.

Horse:
On the andyjackson forum there is talk of a Horse canyon run on Saturday. NME suspects that he might even fly back to andyjackson from horse.
Adam N. and Alex W. are thinking about joining them.
http://www.crestlinesoaring.org/forum/20110628/5098
http://facs.scripps.edu/~asaluk/horse.html
Xander

Post by Xander »

I received the following info via email from Darrel of the Soboba Soaring Society:

We are glad you have chosen Soboba as a flying destination. We will be happy to serve you. We have taken Hang Gliders up to our 650' launch without any problems. The trailer fits one glider and the pilot can set on the back of the quad. Time between trips would be around 15 to 20 minutes. We usually start running paraglide gear up around 4pm so please come early enough to finish all your expected trips up the mountain.

If you have a driver and 4 wheel drive there is a good Hang launch at the top. It take about 1 hour and 10 minutes each way. We can provide you directions if you want to take that route.

We have a outhouse and hose bib for water. There is no electric or sewer dump on the property.

Day fees, camping, ride up with gear will be $20 each.
Steve90266

4th WE

Post by Steve90266 »

Pat and I are going to Vegas and will be bringing the glider along. If anyone makes it to Jean, we'll meet you guys out there for the late afternoon/evening flying.

We're not sure where we're staying yet, but it's looking like the Golden Nugget, downtown. Yeah-that's right-I only go top drawer.

Pat's handling the accomodations

:D
Steve Murillo