Geza

Post by gregangsten »

What's the word on Geza?
Chip
Site Admin

Posted from email received from Lisa Wendt

Post by Chip »

Regarding Geza

Some time after 10:30 p.m. on Saturday night, May 28, Geza suffered a motorcycle accident at El Mirage dry lake. He was airlifted to the Desert Regional Medical Center in Palm Springs at 4:30a.m. Sunday morning, apparently after lying injured in the desert for several hours. He has a broken neck and massive head injuries, and remains in a coma. Geza had been drinking and was not wearing a helmet at the time.

Several Club members have been helping the family. Mike Balzer and Alex Hurtado have been assisting Geza's wife, Carlotta, with the long drive to Palm Springs. Dana Tew has been taking care of their three daughters, Sophia, Charlotte, and Jezel. If you can provide a ride to Palm Springs, or wish to help in other ways, please contact Dana at 818-364-8887
alexhurtado

geza's condition

Post by alexhurtado »

his condition is very critical, we thank all who would like to help his family through out the terrible times ahead. my family will be at his address conforting geza's daughters during this weekened while carlotta will be in palms spring accompaninig her husband hoping to see an improvement in geza's condition. any ideas to create a fundraiser will be needed. thanks
alex contact point are 310-528-7670, 310-963-0306
email graphtist@sbcglobal.net
Glenn

Assitance to the family

Post by Glenn »

I would like to make a donation to the family to help with expenses. Could someone post an address or some way to get that to them. I don't know Geza but this could easily have been me or any of a number of others I do know. Be carefull friends.
Flyyyyy
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Update on Geza's condition from Dana Tew

Post by Ken Andrews »

Dana Tew reports...

Sunday, June 12
I love it when I can share good news! Carlotta let me know that Geza opened his eyes and seems to be following movement. They will be putting the halo on his head tonight or tomorrow so that the bones in his neck can heal. The swelling in his face is going down so he is starting to look better. He does not have any infections at this time. If things keep going like this he can be moved to the valley in a week or two. While Carlotta was holding his hand and rubbing his thumb, he moved his fingers to rub her hand as well. All the news thats fit to print!
Fly high and stay safe,Driver Dana

Wednesday, June 15
Things are looking better. He is on a ventilator(always has been). He is following with his eyes and will close them when asked . He also will squeeze thier hands. Anyone wishing to help the Szabo family may do so at BofA account 03060-50571. Thank you to all of you for helping so far.
Fly high and stay safe, Driver Dana
alexhurtado

DOING GOOD getting better

Post by alexhurtado »

:D
Carlotta would like to thank all! for your best thoughts on Geza's recovery
and also thank you for helping her family deal with this sad event.
alexhurtado

Visiting Geza

Post by alexhurtado »

Geza woukd like to have visitors, please avoid coming to with a cold or the flu. He is in room 5112 in the KAISER Hospital of Woodland Hills on DeSoto off de 101Fwy.
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Another update from Dana

Post by Ken Andrews »

Dana Tew reports, on Tuesday evening June 21, ...

Things are looking up. Geza will be moved tonight, Kaiser woodland hills on Desoto. Visitors welcome (please no flu or cold germs) his room is 5112. He is no longer on the ventilator and he is following simple comands. Once again please post the bank of America account #03060-50571 to assist the family in a time of need.
Thanks again, fly high and stay safe, Driver Dana
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

Update from Dana

Post by Ken Andrews »

Dana Tew reports on July 18...

Just keeping you informed. People are still not getting the updates on Geza. Can you please send out the bank of america number,#03060-50571. Geza has been moved to a rehab center on Sepulveda and lassen. He is making improvements daily. I will send more news soon. Aug. 20 will be the fly-in fundraiser. Hope to see you there!

Stay safe and fly high, Driver Dana
Dana L. Tew

Post by Dana L. Tew »

If I can do this anyone can. Thanks to everyone that have been so thoughtful in helping the Szabo family. Love from family and friends is the glue that is putting him back together. Hope to see all of you on Aug. 20 for the fundraiser. You don't want to miss this one. Stay safe and fly high,Driver Dana.
Dana L. Tew

Post by Dana L. Tew »

Great news! Geza can write. He can also lift his right leg. Stay safe and fly high,driver dana
Dana L. Tew

Post by Dana L. Tew »

8) Yesterday was Geza's 39th birthday! Thank you everyone for all your good thoughts, its working. The last two days Geza has walked! He has a new Trake so he talks better to. Don't forget August 20, Sat. fundraiser in LZ. Stebbins doing a turn on the dunk tank. Stay safe and fly high, Driver Dana
Dana L. Tew

Post by Dana L. Tew »

Geza is moving again! He wil be at Northridge Hospital, 18300 Roscoe Bl. Northridge, CA 91328. Visiting hours are 4-8 monday - friday and weekends. He should be moved today around noon. Don't forget the fundraiser August 20,2005 at Sylmar Flight Park. Stay safe and fly high, Driver Dana If you are able to help call dana
Dana L. Tew

Post by Dana L. Tew »

:wink: Thank You to all who came and played with us! I can't say enough about all the help that I had today. I don't have the totals yet, but lets just say this hang gliging crowd are a bunch of great folks. Geza is talking and starting to learn to chew and swallow today! It's late I gotta go to bed. Stay safe and fly high,Driver Dana
Chip
Site Admin

Pictures from the Benefit

Post by Chip »

Thanks to White Wheels and Dana for the pictures. I've uploaded them to the web for your enjoyment. Dana has the CD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69314294@N ... 9254/show/
Dana L. Tew

Post by Dana L. Tew »

:D Geza is back at home! He came to the lz last Sunday past and was released fromthe hospital this last friday. He came back to visit with us again on Saturday while most of you were at Big Sur. He is doing great and loves seeing his friends. Thanks for all the good wishes and support, stay safe and fly high, Driver Dana