Calling USHPA's Bluff

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
Bob Kuczewski

Re: Reply to Ken Andrews

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

On November 3, 2017, Bob Kuczewski wrote:
On September 23, 2017, Bob Kuczewski wrote:Ken,
I've asked you to bring the matter of my expulsion and the Torrey Hawks refused renewal before the Board this October. I've asked you to make the case, and make a motion, and request a roll call vote. Whatever you do will reflect on you. Whatever the Board does will reflect on them. That's as it should be. All I can do is be sure that everyone knows about it.
Ken Andrews, for the record, can your report the actions you took at the October 2017 USHPA Board meeting in response to my requests above?
Silence from Ken Andrews. But then what could he say that wouldn't make him look even worse? What do you think Tim Herr's advice has been?

In the mean time, USHPA SOP 12-02.02 J is ticking along ... any pilot whose membership lapses for 3 years has to pay a USHPA instructor for re-education training to have their ratings restored (this spring of 2018 for me). I guess when the RRRG funds start running low USHPA can randomly expel people to drum up an income stream for their cronies to let them back in.
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

To make it short, I am complying with USHPA unconditional surrender and disarming immediately and all future Bob show storylines provided an altered USHPA role showing them as a friend to our cause, as a condition of your membership restoration. But, the attack computer app has no off switch.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buF-BLM5RTU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjIj-2ww53o[/youtube]

I tried this but it didn't work
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN5aQSN7qo8[/youtube]
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

NASA to announce existence of alien life on Thursday?
Discovery aided by AI?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEuoDlh-48o[/youtube]

These Delta wings have king-posts.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

So Google AI can find planets way faster than human astronomers. But did they have long hair? Do pilots with long hair survive more?

The Military did a study that says yes.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvOklkSVMlY[/youtube]
Bob Kuczewski

Re: Calling USHPA's Bluff

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Topics on forums do have a way of wandering ... all over the place!!

As a reminder, I've quoted the post (below) that started this topic back in April of 2016 when Ken Andrews was a new Director.

In the two years of Ken's term he was unable to provide a definitive response to my request that he explicitly state what I needed to do for him to support reinstating my membership so I could fly at what he called "USHPA sites" (like Sylmar) again.

Since Ken hasn't been able to do that, the alternate approach has been to make less sites "USHPA sites". Several of us have started that process at Dockweiler, and we welcome the help of anyone who wants to free more land (especially public land) from USHPA's monopoly. Contact me any time at 858-204-7499. Thanks.

Bob Kuczewski wrote:Ken Andrews is a nice enough guy. He follows in the footsteps of many "nice enough" guys Region 3. I would include Bill Helliwell, Dan DeWeese, and Alan Crouse among them. But when it comes to dealing with USHPA's "insiders", Ken is out of his league (and I don't mean the Falcon League).

The USHPA insiders chew up and use "nice enough guys" like pawns. Here's a current example.

A long time Torrey Pilot wrote to Ken complaining about USHPA's unfair expulsion of Bob Kuczewski (that's me). Here's part of Ken's reply:
Ken Andrews wrote:"I've told Bob many times that if he would stop attacking Torrey and USHPA, then I would work to get his membership reinstated so that he could fly at USHPA sites again. So far, Bob has refused my offers."
- USHPA Region 3 Director Kenneth Andrews, April 16th, 2016
Here's my message to Ken (sent a few minutes ago):
Bob Kuczewski wrote:Hello Ken (cc/bcc observers),

In a recent message to a USHPA member, you (USHPA Director Ken Andrews)
wrote:
"I've told Bob many times that if he would stop attacking Torrey and USHPA, then I would work to get his membership reinstated so that he could fly at USHPA sites again. So far, Bob has refused my offers."

- USHPA Region 3 Director Kenneth Andrews, April 16th, 2016
OK Ken, I'm calling your bluff. Please write up EXACTLY - and in the form of a contract - the precise terms and conditions that I would be required to abide by for you to work to get my USHPA membership reinstated so that I can fly at what you've called "USHPA sites" again. Please write this in an unambiguous and objective manner such that it would be enforceable in a court of law.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Bob Kuczewski
858-204-7499
It will be interesting to see Ken's response. If he lists the "purported" reasons for USHPA's expulsion (things like "interfering with instruction" or "endangering tandem pilots on landing"), then they'll be forced to reinstate me because I've never done those things and would agree not to ever do them (as we all should). But if he lists the real reasons (things like "to be a USHPA member, you can't be critical of USHPA" or "to be a USHPA member, you can't speak to your City Council or testify in a court case") then he's going to show what was really behind the expulsion.

Ken's a smart guy, and it will be interesting to see how he handles this one. My guess is that USHPA (and Tim Herr) will urge him to find an excuse to avoid answering altogether. That's my prediction. But like I said, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

This just in!

BobK,

You have deposed Mark Forbes. Matt Henzi has been elected into his seat.

https://www.ushpa.org/page/2018-regiona ... on-results

Ken Andrews has been reelected!
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

dhmartens wrote:This just in!

BobK,

You have deposed Mark Forbes. Matt Henzi has been elected into his seat.

https://www.ushpa.org/page/2018-regiona ... on-results

Ken Andrews has been reelected!
WOW!!!!!!!

That's BIG news.!!!!

Regional Director PLURALITY

matt hanzi 1 vote (0.3%)
mark forbes 3 votes (1.0%)
NOT mumbo gumbo flatulence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 vote (0.3%)
Tom Johns 1 vote (0.3%)
Mark Forbes (I) 135 votes (46.7%)
Matt Henzi 148 votes (51.2%)

Matt Henzi wins with 51.2% of the vote.

Thanks Doug!!!!!!!
I saw it here first on the good old Sylmar Forum. :)
Bob Kuczewski

And now for the bad news ...

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

And now for the bad news ...

As I was posting your good news on the U.S. Hawks Forum, I remembered that the USHPA Board can effectively thwart the will of the members by appointing their cronies as "At Large" Directors to keep them in power. It wouldn't surprise me to see that happen in this case.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

I don't want to violate the peace treaty but I feel compelled to post.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q4Wn63uof8[/youtube]

I hope the new year brings us luck and blessings.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06EmUIJ1IU0[/youtube]

Maybe it wasn't BobK that brought a new level of safety to Torrey, but possibly a lucky pig mascott.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR4PmVvIiwM[/youtube]

http://www.luckymojo.com/luckypig.html
"..During the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the image of a white pig (almost never a spotted, belted, or brown breed) is used as a lucky charm in Germany, Austria, England, and Ireland, as well as among Anglo-Americans. .."

Now that I am hungry I just noticed duck feet resemble Delta wings.
Ducks may have appeared on Earth 200 million years ago and a severed foot may have flown back then.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YU0Trioa8M[/youtube]

In other news a Hang Glider Market research report was released(not free)
https://www.slideshare.net/sagarsd2/glo ... 6-76728385
Bob Kuczewski

Re: And now for the bad news ...

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Bob Kuczewski wrote:And now for the bad news ...

... the USHPA Board can effectively thwart the will of the members by appointing their cronies as "At Large" Directors to keep them in power. It wouldn't surprise me to see that happen in this case.
Now that it's 2018, does Mark Forbes still show up as any kind of Director or committee chairman?

Thanks in advance.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Sure if he wears an Albatross.
/* John Cleese drops the f bomb language warning */
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrqW_BZu5Xk[/youtube]

If this was a pro Forbes thread we might compare him to JT Kirk saving the Enterprise B and falling into a nexus ribbon to Forbes concentrating on a software update and falling to an election blindside.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj73o9EpQE0[/youtube]

The emperor foresaw his falling, but is he redeemable with the light side of the force.
Bob Kuczewski

Re: And now for the bad news ...

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Bob Kuczewski wrote:Now that it's 2018, does Mark Forbes still show up as any kind of Director or committee chairman?
Oops. I see that I wasn't clear there. I was wondering if he's still showing up on USHPA's lists as a "Director at Large" or as "Treasurer" or as "Insurance Committee chairman".
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

The election results were the last official communication he made that I can see. He is on the BOD of the RRG.

Oh no! - we(BobK assist team) have been shut down. How did they pull that off.

even if we have to use an abacus we will continue to research the organic hang glider design.

Engineers are reverse engineering the leading edge and keel components.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5-ZWOJl2ZQ[/youtube]
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

This spring will be 3 years since my unjust expulsion from USHPA. Two of those years fall squarely on Ken Andrews' shoulders.

When I was Director I would never have sat silently while a pilot in my region was unable to fly for any unjust reason. Yet Ken has allowed that to continue through his entire two year term.

It's also worth noting that 3 years is when USHPA pulls all of your ratings. If you pay them every year, you can keep your ratings for life without making a single flight. But if you fly regularly, but are not a "member" for 3 years, your ratings are pulled.

Three years ago I'd have never believed Ken would allow this injustice to stand in his name throughout his entire term.
Jim

Post by Jim »

"And in related news, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead..."
There are two kinds of people in the world: the quick and the dead.
JD

Post by JD »

Jim wrote:"And in related news, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead..."
Please don't tell Father Guido Sarducci: https://books.google.com/books?id=eeTof ... &q&f=false
rebardan

Post by rebardan »

It just goes to show, Its always something.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Jim wrote:"And in related news, Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead..."
I'm not dead yet, Jim.

The weak stabs at humor (posted above) reveal a need to divert attention from the guilt you share.

I have not been able to fly most popular sites for 3 years now, and you've all been part of that lynch mob. Attempted humor may be a temporary diversion for you, but it doesn't absolve you of your participation in the injustice.

Anyone who dosn't enjoy the burden of guilt from this lynching should speak out as Bill Cummings and Frank Colver and others have done. Stand up and be counted.

Silence is consent.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Let me be clear about this, no humor, not facetious: I fully agree with what the good people that run the USHPA did.

If I am continually confronted by someone who is disruptive of my operation, who can't even acknowledge anyone else's point of view and who believes their way is the only way to proceed, I exclude that person from my operations/circle/club.

Do I see what happened to you? Yes, of course and, no, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. But I never would have done the things you did, which in my opinion, was to harass the leaders of the USHPA until they got tired of your counterproductive interference. You believe you're a martyr, Rosa.

Finally, you won't listen to this either but... Your misguided, continued attacks on Ken Andrews have the opposite effect for you that you desire. You are diminishing whatever empathy SHGA club members might have for your plight. You should also know that Ken is one of the most vocal supporters of your ability to continue to post on this forum. He is much more patient than I.
There are two kinds of people in the world: the quick and the dead.
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Hi Jim,

It's good to actually discuss something rather than just firing shots at each other.

You wrote:
I fully agree with what the good people that run the USHPA did.

I never would have done the things you did...
How familiar are you with the facts in the case? I'm not asking as an attack of any kind. I'd really like to know what you're using as the basis for your agreement.

For starters, are you aware that my expulsion was based on 4 charges:

1. That I started the U.S. Hawks.
2. That I spoke to my city council.
3. That I testified in a court case.
4. That I interfered with Torrey Pines flight operations.

The first three are true. I did them all and I stand by them all. My testimony was truthful and it's never been shown to be otherwise. None of those charges are grounds for expulsion. None of them are forbidden by any of USHPA's bylaws or SOPs. Are those the reasons that you feel justify my expulsion from USHPA?

The fourth charge is just false. I never interfered with anything at Torrey (or anywhere else) other than to observe and document what goes on. There were no witnesses who testified that I did anything wrong. There were no dates given. It was an unsubstantiated pack of lies that wouldn't hold up anywhere except in USHPA's Kangaroo Court. I was arrested 3 times on claims that were so false that no charges were ever filed by the City of San Diego. Now I go to Torrey on a regular basis and they don't dare make any more false claims against me. Isn't that pretty much what Rosa Parks did? Some folks like to poke fun at the comparison, but she was my inspiration when the police were telling me to either leave or be arrested. Rosa's example reminded me that obeying an unjust order would only perpetuate the injustice. But disobeying brings the matter to court where it can be adjudicated. The City Attorney knew there was no case there and that's why no charges were ever filed. I also believe the word got back to the Torrey concession that they'd better knock it off with the false arrests ... and they did. Rosa would certainly have approved. :)

Jim, my ability to fly has been virtually extinguished by USHPA's monopoly. They did that in your name. How certain are you that it was justified?