Newsletter - High Times

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Don

Newsletter - High Times

Post by Don »

Great reading.

How about letting members "Opt Out" from receiving a hard copy. Save the postage & printing cost. I'm more than willing to read it only via the computer. I don't need a hard copy.

Thanks again for the hard work.
Chip
Site Admin

Scanned Copy?

Post by Chip »

But what's with the crappy scanned copy? This must be in electronic form somewhere. A decent PDF would help get people to OPT OUT for the electronic version.

Not very polished, hopefully this latest copy will be updated to a press quality PDF and put up for download.

Content OK, but I'd like to see it up to the quality of the web site. We aren't the only ones that are able to download it. It should look at least as polished as our web presence.
JBBenson

Post by JBBenson »

The crappy quality of the scan is a big part of it's charm. It feels authentic.
Cabbagehead

Newsletter Editor's Response

Post by Cabbagehead »

Hi Guys!

1) Members can opt out of receiving a paper copy by snailmail. A poll was taken last year, and about half the membership chose not to get a newsletter. However, one can still change one's mind either way! If you are a new pilot who didn't get polled, or you wish to change to either option, just e-mail me at editor@shga.com, and I'll do it!

2) The current scanned copy should be the last one to so suffer; I'll be e-mailing Ken the original files if I can figure out how! The problem is that the cheap publishing software I bought doesn't allow easy importation of photos and graphics.Well, maybe I just can't figure it out!I had to use paper, tape and scissors, just like 1970's era high school journalism class.

3)As long as I have your attention, anyone out there want to contribute articles? How about photos, cartoons, graphics or jokes? You know you want to!
Chip
Site Admin

Software

Post by Chip »

I have or can get about any software package you might require and would give you a "legal" copy (for the club).

If you are drafting it in Microsoft Word then maybe all we need is Adobe Acrobat. If you want to draft it in Publisher, I have the latest version.

Let me know if you would like anything specific.
©hris

Post by ©hris »

Hey, I have a story to contribute. Its a very sad sad short story and it goes something like this:

I have to leave OZ and come back to Los Angeles in two days. The End.