question.....

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
JT

Post by JT »

Sorry, Mike, I thought this about my reply last night and I felt smaller for it. It's just that I find Bob very annoying. He has no room for anyone's view but his own. If I don't accept his word as the single truth, I must be wrong, according to Bob. Even when I agree with him. Examine his posts carefully. He doesn't answer questions directly. He misdirects.
Bob Kuczewski

A few answers

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

To: JT and anyone else who questions my previous statements,

You have the phone number for the Torrey concession (858-452-9858). I know that many PG pilots have made their first solo flights at Torrey. If you want to challenge that statement (implying that I'm not telling the truth), then please call that phone number and ask for yourself. Please be very clear that you'd like to know if PG pilots are making their first solo flights at Torrey. Then please come back to this forum and report what you've been told. Thanks.

To: MikeB,

Thanks for your objective comments. I think if anyone actually reads the progression of this topic they will agree with you.

To: All Sylmar Pilots,

I learned to fly at Sylmar, and I have appreciated knowing so many of you over the years. I took on a difficult job at Torrey, and I don't think there's a single person who will say that things were better before my efforts. The people behind this recall just want to punish me because I defeated David Jebb. Mark Forbes (USHPA Election Committee) admitted that the first recall inquiries happened the day after I was elected (before I even took office!). I will be up for re-election in the fall, and I don't mind being judged at that time. But this recall is just a nasty political attempt to discredit me by the "sore losers" who supported David Jebb in the last election. Please don't reward their efforts by voting me out of office. That will only send a message that these expensive recalls work and it will make them more common in the future. The better message is that these recalls don't work because pilots will reject them when initiated with political motivations.

Finally, I will say that I've had a rocky start with the USHPA Board. Some of my early efforts were shut down (or shot down). But at this most recent Board meeting I finally won my first BIG victory by passing a resolution that USHPA will support adding another Chapter to the Torrey Pines Soaring Council. This marks a turning point in my Directorship, and I think it shows that the other Directors are beginning to see past the early "hate Bob" propaganda and are actually listening to the issues that I bring to the Board. With that vote - just last week - as a milestone, I expect that I will continue to gain more support for the ideas that got me elected in the first place. I ask all members of the Sylmar club to vote against this recall so I can finish my term and demonstrate the progress that I was elected to bring. I've been working on the two-year plan, and I ask to be judged by my two-year results.

Thanks again to a great club.

Sincerely,
Bob Kuczewski
JT

Post by JT »

Bob, there is no need for anyone to call Torrey to find out if you are telling the truth as you see it. I believe that PG pilots are making their first solo flights at Torrey. Arguing that that in some way equates to H3 pilots all being qualified to fly there, too, does not follow. It does not follow that an H3 able to soar at Torrey is an H4.

H2 pilots have their first solo at Kagel. That is, after extensive training, tandems and with radio assist. I assume the same is true at Torrey for PG students. That is all I was asking: What training do they receive? You imply that the Torrey PG instructors are turning loose PG pilots that aren't as qualified to fly Torrey as the H3 pilots that have never flown there.

Would you argue that P2s or even P3s who have only flown Torrey come to Kagel mid-day, mid-summer? Some experienced PG pilots have. Some have tangled in the power lines crossing the approach. One of hour high-hour H3 (or was it 4?) pilots brought down the power lines at Elsinore. A pilot at Crestline doing tricks went through someones roof.

What would happen to Torrey if a lower rated HG pilot had to land on the beach and brained a sunbather after the rule was changed? Yes, it could happen with a PG beginner. But you tell me, Bob, which would hurt a bystander more, flesh or metal?

That being said, I still think many of our H3 pilots at Sylmar, Crestline and any other mountain site could probably do fine at any ridge site, given they have the proper training. It is a different etiquette than thermaling. One that needs to be learned. Maybe they only need to spend the $195 once and receive a sign off. Or maybe you should look into qualifying more observers to do it for free. Yes, let H3s fly Torrey if there is no City agency setting the rules and the pilots demonstrate the skill.

However, such pilots should not be prematurely elevated to H4, a rating that makes them eligible for Yosemite. There is something to be said for the program that has kept so many safer for so long, isn't there?

Finally Bob, you're right that the atmosphere at Torrey is skewed toward PG. That would be because the business can make more money catering to PG. Torrey is not an HG training hill. There is no training hill available there. (Your promotion of a dirt pile on UCSD property notwithstanding.)

You don't see our club or Windsports clearing a launch for PG pilots, do you? Well, maybe a little for our few locals. The business here support hang gliding because the hang gliders support the business.

Uh, oh! Are you going to come to Sylmar to press for PG pilots to be represented on our board? For our club to make improvements and rules to fairly treat PG here? That would be truly representing all of your constituents fairly, wouldn't it?

This post was monitored by the Humane Society and is certified ATTACK-FREE. No regional directors were insulted.
RJM

Post by RJM »

Re: new recall?

Postby Robin Marien on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:08 pm
Steve, don't let Bob fool you with his negative rhetoric. Negative impact Bob? Can you be a little more specific in your bloviating. Still fixated on David Jebb? Unbelievable!? Bob again you try to take credit for something you had (nothing) to do with. Give credit where credits due!

Steve Rohrbaugh wrote:We also need to work positively with our local land owners and agencies with-in their systems and comfort zones through relationship building, volunteering, and becoming members of advisory committees. This usually takes time and diligence but has shown positive gains for many of our once endangered sites. Please realize that a single negative action or incident can endanger not only a single site, but all in our and surrounding areas.

That's exactly what we at Torrey try to do. Bob has no understanding of how to deal with anybody in a civil manner. It took Brad H, Jim W, and myself 3-4 months to get an appointment with the head of the state reserve, city of San Diego lifeguards, etc. That meeting went extremely well. For the first time in 30 + years we got permission to land students on the beach! That was a monumental step forward. What does Bob do? The next morning he shows up at the state reserve unannounced, demanding to see the head of the state reserve. The next day I get a call from the state reserve asking who that blankity blank a-hole was! He told me if he had to deal with guys like him (Bob), he would just prefer to close all flight operations down! After smoothing things out with an explanation of what Bob is, disaster averted! So as far as Bob having a positive impact on Torrey... Ha what a joke!

Robin Marien :roll:
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
OSCAR

Bartons "sticky" fingers

Post by OSCAR »

OK Barton you had your fun flipping my plate and I'm OK with that but taking it off come on Uncle Barton Please put it back .and don't tell me you don't have it .Shheeeesh some pilots. :roll:
bent_aero!

Re: Bartons "sticky" fingers

Post by bent_aero! »

OSCAR wrote:OK Barton you had your fun flipping my plate and I'm OK with that but taking it off come on Uncle Barton Please put it back .and don't tell me you don't have it..............
What's it worth to you Whackmeister?
First come, first serve people: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0416534782
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bent_aero!

Post by bent_aero! »

barton wrote:..........looks like someone else is poking you now.....
Hey Overshoot Oscar! Here's a free hint :twisted: :P :lol: :o
abinder

Post by abinder »

OSCAR wrote:OK Barton you had your fun flipping my plate and I'm OK with that but taking it off come on Uncle Barton Please put it back .and don't tell me you don't have it .Shheeeesh some pilots. :roll:
Yea, and the bad thing about it Oscar, is that you can get a ticket for not having a front license plate on your vehicle. I wonder if whoever took it would be willing to pay for any ticket and/or fees that you might have to pay if you did get a ticket for not having a front license plate.
(Just not cool.)

Allen
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

bent_aero! wrote:
OSCAR wrote:OK Barton you had your fun flipping my plate and I'm OK with that but taking it off come on Uncle Barton Please put it back .and don't tell me you don't have it..............
What's it worth to you Whackmeister?
First come, first serve people: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0416534782
OK BROKEN_aero
I knew you had it ,You know after watching your ground handling( Lack) Skills yesterday Ya don't deserve that plate much less that H5 .Which by the way I DON'T-approve of not yet maybe next year.be careful up there because the mountain doesn't care what that card in your wallet says nor the brand of cigarettes you smoke. :wink: now g-i-v-e i-t b-a-c-k. :P
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

bent_aero! wrote:
barton wrote:..........looks like someone else is poking you now.....
Hey Overshoot Oscar! Here's a free hint :twisted: :P :lol: :o
WTF Munchies,Ya going out for PIZZA ,are these directions ? you lost me MUNCHIES. :? :lol: :D :) :| :twisted: :P
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

barton wrote:oscar,

as i told you on the phone, yes i would and did rotate your vanity plate :lol: , also told you, i would never take/claim anything that did not belong to me.

looks like someone else is poking you now.....
I'd like to believe you little Buddy ,but flipping plates ,not manning up to it, such pubescent behavior has undermined your credibility with me.But I'll forgive you ,might take awhile ,maybe next year.By the way Are You really a H5 :?: :lol: :wink: It's OK you can tell me the truth :P How did the auction go ? are you off to the Caribbean with the auction money ? :P
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

abinder wrote:
OSCAR wrote:OK Barton you had your fun flipping my plate and I'm OK with that but taking it off come on Uncle Barton Please put it back .and don't tell me you don't have it .Shheeeesh some pilots. :roll:
Yea, and the bad thing about it Oscar, is that you can get a ticket for not having a front license plate on your vehicle. I wonder if whoever took it would be willing to pay for any ticket and/or fees that you might have to pay if you did get a ticket for not having a front license plate.
(Just not cool.)

Allen
Of course they wouldn't pay for it.It would play out like this .It wasn't ME,What about your signed confession ,OH that,.. AHHHH,...I was coerced by my peers to confess to it ,So are you saying you didn't do it ,Ya Thats it ,...it wasn't ME.
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Oscar,

If you still have the back plate you can order a replacement from the dmv other wise they won't replace it.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr11.htm

I read you can buy special screws that need a special wrench, or glue a cover over it etc. to prevent theft.

Good Luck.

Where did you park, and where/when did you notice it missing?

Both Frederick and Adam are going for their Hang 4 but both are smart enough to know that the plate won't help get their rating. - or does it?

Doug

I just read on the replacement form you may need to file a police report and enter the case number and date on that form.
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Well I see your still in town ,I figured you were on the lam by now :lol: :PImage
barton

Post by barton »

edited 6.2018
Last edited by barton on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

To whomever took Oscar's license plate,

You are an idiot! I'm sure there's a statute in the state vehicle code for that. It's not funny. It's really kind of lame and thoroughly middle-school. Phill's thirteen-year-old could come up with something funnier!

Seriously! This crosses over into being malicious. Suppose he gets stopped by quota-hungry cops? His LIVELIHOOD is contingent upon his DMV standing.

I seriously hope you aren't someone I know and like because you are an idiot.

Happy landings...
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
abinder

Post by abinder »

jcflies wrote:To whomever took Oscar's license plate,

You are an idiot! I'm sure there's a statute in the state vehicle code for that. It's not funny. It's really kind of lame and thoroughly middle-school. Phill's thirteen-year-old could come up with something funnier!

Seriously! This crosses over into being malicious. Suppose he gets stopped by quota-hungry cops? His LIVELIHOOD is contingent upon his DMV standing.

I seriously hope you aren't someone I know and like because you are an idiot.

Happy landings...
Totally agree. The person that did it would probably be extremely mad if it happened to them though, but they probably didn't think of that before they did it.

Allen