CSS Regional Hang Glider Aerobatics Competition - June 5th

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

rod_clark

CSS Regional Hang Glider Aerobatics Competition - June 5th

Post by rod_clark »

Dear friends,

This June 5th, Crestline Soaring Society is hosting the CSS/SoCal Regional Hang Glider Aerobatics Competition in conjunction with our Presidential Citation Celebration BBQ for Owen Morse.

I would like to invite you to participate!

The competition will be held on the afternoon of the BBQ. It’s FREE to enter! However, participants are required to purchase a smoke bomb (at approximately our cost) for $10. This event is a one-run event. Best performance wins. There is an Open Class and a Sportsman Class. The Sportsman Class is for first time aerobatic competitors, and beautiful hand-blown glass trophies (created by world-renowned glass artist and our USHPA President Lisa Tate) will be awarded to the winners of both classes!

Everyone - even single-surface pilots! - are encouraged to participate. Aerobatics competitions help promote the sport of hang gliding in a good light to new and younger audiences! So come out and wang it up!

If you’re interested in competing, please email me at rod@rodclark.com right away!

Advance registration will help us secure the appropriate number of smoke bombs and shuttles to launch! Also, I can provide aerobatics rules and regulations via email to anyone interested in competing so you can maximize your score during your performance.

Come fly! Come celebrate! Come BBQ! Come Wang!
knumbknuts

Post by knumbknuts »

Even more importantly,

It's a BBQ for Owen Morse in honor of his Presidential Citation. Food and drink are free. Normal club dues and camping fees apply.

I noticed the SHGA moved its Spring Festival, sorry about the initial conflict, we've not been as quick about announcing events this year. The next two are July 10 and September 11.
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

You are correct... we moved our Spring Air Festival Competition to June 12th to accomodate our good frends at CSS. All Sylmarians should make the trek to Crestline on June 5th and we strongly encourage Crestlinian's to make the trek for our event on June 12th. Our So. Cal HG/PG community is great and we need to support each other...

See y'all on the 5th and the 12th!

Lynn
jcflies

Post by jcflies »

for those of you who have not yet seen Mitch McAleer do a serious, world-class aerobatics routine, YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD treat yourself. he makes the sport of hg an art form! Not only that, but he's easily, repeatedly, THE BEST IN THE WORLD! his split esses and loops are the definition of SEXY! besides, once he quits, it's essentially over. see this amazing piece of hg history with your own eyes, before it, too, is gone...
janyce

"You HAVE to make it..."
owen

Post by owen »

i am thrilled with the idea of a gaggle of sylmar pilots joining us at ajx. my first seven years of flying took place at kagel with the windsports crew. thank you in advance for making the drive, and i look forward to visiting you on the 12th as well!