USHPA has competition from HGAA

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
max

USHPA has competition from HGAA

Post by max »

Does that mean we have now choice between USHPA and HGAA :?: there membership is growing by each day,from what I hear even JT is a member :?: :?: .It's going to be interesting to see if HGAA can get established.
hgaa.org
Smile now Cry later
MAX
Bob Kuczewski

5 Years in the Rear View Mirror...

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

That was a little over 5 years ago now. My how time has flown.

Here's the post that started the HGAA back in June of 2010 (http://www.hanggliding.org/viewtopic.php?t=17525).
Bob Kuczewski wrote:Post Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 am
Post subject: HGAA: Call for Leaders and Founders

HGAA: Call for Leaders and Founders

I suspect there might be enough interest in creating a new national flying organization that I'd like to put out a call for Leaders and Founders who would like to be a part of defining and shaping such a new organization.

At this point, I don't want to put any constraints on the form or purpose of that new organization. Instead I'd like to simply gather people together to discuss the possibility of actually forming such an organization to be announced more formally on July 4th, 2010 (U.S. Independence Day).

I am asking for people willing to participate as either Leaders and/or Founders. I see Leaders as those willing to actually take on some of the work (whether it's building a web site, or investigating insurance, or serving on the Board), while I see Founders as people who don't have time for a leadership role but want to put their own names on the list of those who supported the first phase of this new organization.

Finally, since this organization is in its first phase, it's hard to say who will actually support what we end up with. Maybe I won't end up supporting whatever comes out of a month of discussions. So being a Founding member is not an obligation to support the organization forever, but simply a statement that you would like to support the effort to discuss and define that new organization. Anyone who signs up between now and July 4th, 2010 will be considered a Founding member and will retain that title for as long (or short) as they want it.

If there is enough interest, then I think we can do this. If there isn't, then this will finally tell me that as well.

Sincerely,
Bob Kuczewski
June 4th, 2010
By mid August, Jack ("sg") had taken complete control of the HGAA and kicked out several of the founding members. He claimed he needed to take over to make it grow. Yet he never used his gigaphone of hanggliding.org to actually advertise it or help it grow. I think he knew that a national hang gliding association with a forum would remove the control he has at hangglidng.org. So under Jack's absolute control, the HGAA went from a great hope for competition in the hang gliding world to the black hole it is today. Visit http://hgaa.org now see what you find.

Anyway, here's the list of members we had signed up in short order (updated on page 4 of that topic):
bobk
Wingspan34
JB
SG
joefaust
HangLoose
Eddie Paul
Holger
$!><
darkcloud
blindrodie
tipvortex
Rebardan (?)
slimchance
Windlord
OSCAR
Dennis D
SkyPilot
knumbknuts
SeeMarkFly
mtpilot
HGXC
fly,surf,&ski
BBJCaptain
jspin72
ChattaroyMan
Davedebogusone
miguel
synclavier
Jason
hgflyer
gluesniffer
skypilot155
topgun21
addicted2climbing
dscotts
Ken Bryenton
Flyking
Cal Glider
ClandestineSwine
Ryan Voight
Scare!
Ib_local
oden
David W. Johnson
Anadactyl
airzoneallen
supernova227 = Deirdre
sam kellner
timberwood
Fletcher
SlopeSkimmer
Many of them have now found their way to the US Hawks. :D
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.