Return to La Salina October 22-24th

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Steve90266

Return to La Salina October 22-24th

Post by Steve90266 »

As some of you know, I am heading down the weekend of October 21st through the 24th for a combined flying trip/service project.

As some of you know, I am involved in Rotary and we are doing a project down in Ensenada, Mexico. It's an orphanage, that we've been building from the ground up. On the week end of 22-24 October, I'm headed down there to work (drainage and roof), but I'm also thinking of taking my glider down there and flying the cliffs at La Salina. Some of you may still remember that last trip. What a blast!

If you're interested in lending a hand with the orphanage, flying, or a combination of both, let me know and I'll give you the details. Inexpensive accommodations are available.

I'm going anyway, but it's always more fun to fly with a group. One can be a lonely number.

Steve Murillo
(310) 266-4154 cell
Steve Murillo
OP

Post by OP »

I'll go.

I need to see about work first though.

A friend owns a house here:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=31.9 ... 6&t=h&z=18
Xander

Post by Xander »

Steve, are you planning to drive down on Friday morning? I may be interested in coming along to work and fly.

-Alex
Steve90266

La Salina

Post by Steve90266 »

Alex and Oryon,

I plan on driving down on Thursday afternoon (like around 1) cross the border around 4-5, and get to the place where we stay (up on a bluff on the south side of Ensenada Bay) by around 8. I'm planning on working a full day on Friday, and a half day on Saturday.

At noon on Saturday, I plan to head out for the launch, which is about 45 minutes north of the orphanage. By that time the winds should be kicked up nice. Set up and fly.

Horse Canyon would be the preferred stop on Sunday. I'll call you guys and we can hash it out and see if you guys can work out a car pool. Max was talking about it too. Maybe you guys can all head out together.

I appreciate the offer to help out, by the way. Thanks.
Steve Murillo
Xander

Post by Xander »

Steve - I can't make it in October. Thanks
Steve90266

La Salina

Post by Steve90266 »

Hey Gang, it turned out the winds weren't blowing well anyway, so it's just as well that we did not make it a hang gliding trip. I did go down there with my father and a bunch of Rotarians from my Manhattan Beach club. I was mostly working with my hands so this video does not do the trip justice, but it give you an idea..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNr7C-zk-8A

Steve
Steve Murillo