Website function

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

WingNutz

Website function

Post by WingNutz »

When I'm in the Pilot forum and want to return to the main page of the website, there is no menu listing "home" as an option, and my "back" button doesn't get me out of the forum. So I have to reenter SHGA.org in my browser.

Is there a reason for this?
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
JT

No Home Button

Post by JT »

Doesn't your browser just open a new episode of of Explorer? You can close that when you're done in the forum and the first episode of Explorer at the home page should be still running.

If not, you should also note that the mouse arrow turns into a pointing hand as you roll over the SHGA logo in the left corner of the forum page; click and it should take you back to the main website home page.
Chip
Site Admin

Working as designed

Post by Chip »

Larry,

The way this "link" is scripted is to open a new window. :oops: The code is target="_blank". Because the link is scripted this way it should open up a new browser window (it might look like a pop-up). If you are using Firefox and have tabbed browsing enabled then it may open up a new window within the same browser, but the forum page will be on a different TAB.

This is usual behavior when you are trying to keep people on your site. The forum isn't really part of the SHGA site. It's a link and that link is telling your browser to open up a new window.

You should still have the SHGA site open in a different browser window. :o You should be able to see that on your task bar (the bar where application go when you open or minimize, usually to the right of your start button).
WingNutz

Website function

Post by WingNutz »

Jim -
Thanks for the tip. It works

Chip -
Thanks for that information and for taking the time to provide it.

Larry
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee