Saturday, April 27

Or more like weather education. I've posted information I use to help figure out the day. Often I'll also post graphics with explanations of "why" the weather guessers think the day is good.

Moderator: Chip

Vrezh

Saturday, April 27

Post by Vrezh »

Saturday's brewing good...

gregangsten

Saturday

Post by gregangsten »

Well, you can thank me for that. I'll be out of town this weekend. Have fun!
Vrezh

Post by Vrezh »

:evil: NOT! :evil:

Meanwhile (from Crestline forum)...
Saturday delivered!!! 13,100
Submitted by KevinW on Sat, 04/27/2013 - 21:32

Forums:
Pilot Reports
Launched Marshall at 2:15…couldn’t get much above 5k on the front ridge so went to the back ridge. Arrived there below ridge height and was able to work my way up at billboard. Left billboard at 6,500 was at Crestline launch at 7k…got to Strawberry at 8,800 without turning. Actually I was mostly pointed north going up in the convergence. Dustin said his GPS said there was a 25mph north wind above 7k. At Strawberry I caught a boomer that took me to 12,200 at over 2,000 fmp up. Above 10k it felt like the north wind picked up to over 30mph. It was very hard to penetrate north. I kept working my way east and hit 13,100 over the slide at Rim Forest. I was back down to 12,200 when I worked a couple of turns in a thermal with a sail plane. He came from the west, did a couple of turns in a thermal with me and then continued east. That was the first time thermaling with a sail plane at Crestline. I made it to RWHS and then headed west to Sugar Pine. I could not find workable lift there so headed back. Had an almost whack landing after 2.3 hours. Great Day of flying!!!