Kendall's Call

Or more like weather education. I've posted information I use to help figure out the day. Often I'll also post graphics with explanations of "why" the weather guessers think the day is good.

Moderator: Chip

Greg Kendall

Kendall's Call

Post by Greg Kendall »

Just for anyone who's not stuck at work, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's not blowing down today (Friday 3/8/19). It might be kind of West, but not down.
beemer

Re: Kendall's Call

Post by beemer »

I think it could blow in as well. Van Nuys calls for west southwest around 1:00pm then back to northwest at 4:00pm. It will be cold at altitude!
beemer

Post by beemer »

Kagel Cam shows it blowing lightly at 10:00 am and lots of puffy clouds overhead. Looks good !!!
beemer

Post by beemer »

Update 11:00 am A paraglider has gone up to fly and it looks like an awesome day. Blowing in lightly in the L.Z.
beemer

Post by beemer »

Update 12:00 pm (noon). paraglider is flying and currently at cloudbase. I am guessing 5,000' msl He looks to be the only one flying today.
beemer

Post by beemer »

Update 1:00pm Paraglider just landed at 12:50 pm local time and had a awesome flight in light cloud suck conditions. Highest altitude was 5,000' msl with lift everywhere. A little cold but he was dressed properly for the chill. flight time was around an hour. I hope the conditions are this good tomorrow !