Day after Turkey Day 2007

Or more like weather education. I've posted information I use to help figure out the day. Often I'll also post graphics with explanations of "why" the weather guessers think the day is good.

Moderator: Chip

Chip
Site Admin

Day after Turkey Day 2007

Post by Chip »

Looks like Santa Barbara might have been the call today. It looks good on paper. Winds light from the E - SE at Montecito and W -SW down lower. BlipMaps (RASP Model) indicate possibly 4800 ft. Would be better than the conditions we have.

Ojai had light W winds (8 @ 261 about 3:00pm), so Chiefs may have worked too.

Sylmar gust over 60 from the NW.

Looks like Sunday is shaping up to be an OK good day (wind wise). BlipMaps showing alt 4k.
Chip
Site Admin

Santa Barbara or Ojai?

Post by Chip »

As expected Santa Barbara looks onshore again today. 10:00 am the wind @ Montecito is onshore and light. No confirmed reports from yesterday but I bet those NOT shopping were flying.

It's early but with it blowing in already it's bound to be good there (meaning flyable). BlipMap (RASP) shows altitude at an unimpressive 3600.

Ojai looks best for soaring with the BlipMap showing the greatest potential for a localized convergence.
Chip
Site Admin

Totally Called it

Post by Chip »

Man, was I right or what :roll: , got confirmation on the good day in Santa Barbara.

Tomorrow will likely be good here in Sylmar, but SB will once again be the good call. I think traffic would be a main deterrent since many people will be returning from the holiday tomorrow. But if your inclined to travel, SB, and landing on the beach sounds inviting.