Sylmar Olive Festival

Look here for ongoing projects and volunteer opportunities the SHGA is working on. Members may also submit any ideas they have.
gregangsten

Sylmar Olive Festival

Post by gregangsten »

Last year the SHGA and Windsports ran a booth at the Olive Festival in the park that showed off hang gliding, our club and operated Windsports' hang gliding simulator. It came off very well, was popular and showed us off as a community asset. We want everyone is Sylmar to know we are here and to be something the locals brag about when they talk about their town.

The Festival runs from noon until 8 over Labor Day Weekend and we want to be there. We need anyone and everyone who can volunteer for a few hours to man the booth and be the face of hang gliding in Sylmar. Just pick a few hours you can commit to and contact me by phone or email and I will put you on the schedule. Both are available in the member only section of the website, or you can just reply to the last E-blast you received.

Greg
Cyndia

Olive Festival - Labor Day Weekend

Post by Cyndia »

Hey all,
SHGA and Windsports will be at the Olive Festival again this year. I have had some success in getting folks to volunteer for a variety of shifts but...

Working does get you into the Fair for free and we really, really need more club members to step up and volunteer. Being at this event is politically beneficial for the club as we are continuing to build our relationship with the community so they want us here!

Please contact me if you can fill in any of the slots below (it would be great to have at least two members in the booth for each shift) and thank you in advance to those already on the schedule.

Cyndia

8/30 Saturday
10am - 2pm
Tom Shaffer
Kiana Kang
Cyndia

2pm - 5pm
NEED YOU!

4pm - 8pm
Erik Larabie

8/31 Sunday
11am - 2pm
Grace Hahn
Lynn McLaughlin (11 - 1:30)

2pm - 5pm
NEED YOU!

5pm - 8pm
Cyndia 626-379-2414

9/1 Monday

11am - 2pm
Jay Devoak

2pm - 5pm
Grace Hahn

5pm - teardown
Cyndia 626-379-2414
Jeremy Freisner
Cyndia

Olive Festival - Labor Day Weekend update

Post by Cyndia »

Hey all,

Several pilots have graciously volunteered to help at the Olive Festival and I have at least one person covering each shift. It would be GREAT if add'l members would step up and be there for the following times (the names already there are who you'll be hanging out with):

8/30 Saturday
2pm - 5pm
Ken Manatt
Need one more

4pm - 8pm
Erik Larabie
Need one more

8/31 Sunday
5pm - 8pm
Cyndia
Need one more

9/1/ Monday
5pm - teardown
Cyndia 626-379-2414
Jeremy Freisner
Need at least one more to help with breakdown at 7:30

If you would like to come at another time and provide add'l support, please let me know when. You can check the previous post for time details.

Thank you!!!
Cyndia [email protected]