An idea I had for a cool new gate

Look here for ongoing projects and volunteer opportunities the SHGA is working on. Members may also submit any ideas they have.
Lucky 13

An idea I had for a cool new gate

Post by Lucky 13 »

Instead of a chain link fence gate, wouldn't it be cool to have a really nice fancy wrought iron gate. Some of the main bars in the design could be from old Leonardo drawings of flying machines. I'll come up with a cool design when I have time. There are some really cool pictures of wing designs that would translate easily into the overall shape of an iron gate. The pillars could be heavy duty concrete with round stones inset in them, like the ones from the river, and the SHGA sign could be carved in stone. I can carve limestone, and I have the tools, I also do metalwork, and many other people at the club do to. Otto Lilienthal has some cool gate-like wing designs too.
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

I like this idea because it would be cool and is very possible. My company does a lot of metal work and I could help with materials and fabrication. I have access to laser cutting as well as maching and welding. We have a lot of spare Stainless and Aluminum that I could contribute. If you want to work on this more and you want help, contact me. [email protected]
Flyyyyy