No votes
up to $500
No votes
up to $1000
100%

Total votes: 15

Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Seems like a bargain especially considering that it's all inclusive with appeals and all. I say YES!
Flyyyyy
Frederick

Yes

Post by Frederick »

I was in favor of investing in exploration when 2 years ago, on the board, I heard it might cost up to $40-50k. It seemed like such a significant legal issue for us.

I think we have to vigilently manage the special issues of being an urban flying site (the last remaining one).

Thanks to all who have contributed to this progress.
Ken Andrews
Site Admin

SHGA has hired a permit expeditor

Post by Ken Andrews »

Good news; a few hours ago the SHGA signed a contract with a permit exeditor! Over the past week, the club has accomplished some wonderful steps towards securing Los Angeles City support for our hang gliding; here's a quick summary.

At the monthly board meeting on Thursday, August 14, Nick Krall, a member of the Sylmar Land Use Committee and president of the Sylmar Chamber of Commerce, introduced us to Robert Fedor of M&G Planning Associates, a permit expediting firm. Mr. Fedor impressed us with his experience in this business and his commitment to work on our behalf.

On Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Fedor and Joe Greblo met at the Los Angeles City Planning Office in Van Nuys with Zoning Administrator Nicholas Brown and Sylmar Planning Deputy Dan Rosales. The discussion in this meeting was extremely successful, and suggests that confirming our status as a flight park may be far easier than we had anticipated. We have yet to understand the details, but it was an unexpectedly positive step.

This afternoon, after soliciting and reviewing competing bids from other expeditors, the SHGA and Mr. Fedor signed a contract. He will be helping the club work with the Los Angeles Zoning Administrator's office to confirm our status as a hang gliding and paragliding park. He will also be helping us file the necessary documentation with the Department of Building and Safety for permits to build our proposed pavillion.

The entire board of directors has worked extremely hard all week on this, and indeed, for several weeks leading up to it. There have been many long meetings, mixed with the uncertainty and concern about possible risks and benefits of the various options. Please let your board members know that you appreciate their work, with particular thanks due to Joseph Vandertol, Larry Chamblee, and Joe Greblo. If these folks look a little ragged and short of sleep, please give them a little slack; they're accomplishing a lot for the club.
Don

GREAT NEWS !

Post by Don »

This is probably the best news I've heard regarding the Club in my 3+ years as a member.

Thanks to Ken, Joe, Larry, and anyone / everyone that made this happen.

Joseph - weather you believe it or not, I suspect you had an incredible amount of influence on getting things this far. May your term as President be viewed in the future as one of the most influential in the Club's history.

Don