Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

OSCAR

Looks Like a Good Day At Dockweiler Tomorrow

Post by OSCAR »

The Forecast is Calling For Winds From 157'/SSE at 12 Knots by 1:00 pm :D
JD

Post by JD »

Sounds like fun! I played all the hooky from work I could afford to do today for this. I hope Dockweiller is soarable for anyone who shows up.
Cheers, Jonathan
abinder

Re: Looks Like a Good Day At Dockweiler Tomorrow

Post by abinder »

OSCAR wrote:The Forecast is Calling For Winds From 157'/SSE at 12 Knots by 1:00 pm :D
Yea, you forgot to mention that they expect rain as well.
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Well... did anyone fly Dockweiler, Wed 2/4?

How about this Friday 2/6? I know we are in between two fronts bringing in a lot of rain, but I wonder if anyone is entertaining the idea of flying the beach this Friday?

L
abinder

Post by abinder »

Lynn McLaughlin wrote:Well... did anyone fly Dockweiler, Wed 2/4?

How about this Friday 2/6? I know we are in between two fronts bringing in a lot of rain, but I wonder if anyone is entertaining the idea of flying the beach this Friday?

L
Probably will rain at the beach on Friday as well. Currently, there's supposed to be a 70% chance of rain at the beach on Friday.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I went out there 2/4 at 12:00 noon the wind looked good but Windsports was closed but I definitely could have flown and yes it was raining although it wasn't to bad.If Windsports is open Fri 2/6 I'm up for it ,it will probably be good if you don't mind a little water. :)
Steve90266

Conditions today were great at Dockweiller

Post by Steve90266 »

Sunday, Feb 8th, winds were coming pretty much straight in at around 15 kts. I saw Freddy, Richard and another guy honing their handling, takeoff and landing skills.

Uto was there as well, cheering on his two friends who were taking lessons.

Unfortunately, I only had time to drop by and say hello. I'll get out there next time!
Steve Murillo
JD

Re: Conditions today were great at Dockweiller

Post by JD »

Steve90266 wrote:Sunday, Feb 8th, winds were coming pretty much straight in at around 15 kts. I saw Freddy, Richard and another guy honing their handling, takeoff and landing skills..................
Thanks for report. That is something I had in mind to do myself today but I must have using the wrong forecast and went Fog Mountain instead. Video is forthcoming.
max

Post by max »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOTRBlLVIT0[/youtube]
BOB AND I PLAY TAG LAST SUNDAY AND THANKS OSCAR FOR LET ME FLY YOUR GLIDER, MAX
Smile now Cry later
MAX
JD

Post by JD »

max wrote:............BOB AND I PLAY TAG LAST SUNDAY AND THANKS OSCAR FOR LET ME FLY YOUR GLIDER, MAX
What fun!
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

max wrote
........BOB AND I PLAY TAG LAST SUNDAY AND THANKS OSCAR FOR LET ME FLY YOUR GLIDER, MAX

That camera works good .nice video .I'm going out to Dockweiler today 02/15/09 hopefully it will be soarable .
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Dockweiler wasn't any good for soaring today but Todd, Megan, & Myself Practiced No wind launch & landings Janyce was also there & was launching & landing just fine :)