My Sincere Apology

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

OSCAR

My Sincere Apology

Post by OSCAR »

Dear Neighbors , Joe Greblo ,SHGA board , and club members
please accept my sincere apology for my actions June 12 th.I am deeply remorseful about my actions and I will make no excuses for my actions because an apology followed by excuses is not an apology.I hope you find it in your hearts to forgive me for it was not intentional . I made some very Poor decisions that day for which I'm very very sorry for , I never should have gotten behind the wheel of that truck and driven it so recklessly or talked to people the way I did (you know who you are) . I am prepared to face the consequences for my actions what ever they may be.I assure you this will never happen again.Thanks for listening.

sincerely yours Oscar :oops:
Steve90266

Apology

Post by Steve90266 »

Thanks, Oscar. Not speaking for anybody else, but your apology is much appreciated and fully accepted by me. We all make mistakes. Onward and upward!
Steve Murillo
max

Post by max »

Same here Oscar, it takes a lot of courage to come forward and admit guilt,I accept your apology but please don't do it again.
Smile now Cry later
MAX
Mike M
Site Admin

Post by Mike M »

Oscar:

I really appreciate the taking of responsibility expressed in your apology. Actions done in an instant can have long term consequences. Your statements are sincere and address the issues at hand. The actions can not be without consequence, but my opinion of your integrity is restored. I fully accept your apology and wish you a long and safe time in our sport.

Regards,

Mike
greblo

Post by greblo »

Thank you Oscar.

Joe
Safety is a book, not a word
Michael Robertson
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Oscar,

Your apology demonstrates good character and integrity. I think our sport requires that of us because each of us are responsible for maintaining the hard-faught, good standing with our neighbors. Without that vigilence, we do not have SHGA. Any one of us could close down the site if we make bad choices so... if/when we make mistakes we own up, don't make them twice and we move on.

Thank you for your apology. It is sincere and well received.

Kind regards,

Lynn
OP

Post by OP »

Have you read the forward by Huxley in a "brave new world" it goes to say.
“Classic remorse, as all the moralists are agreed, is a most undesirable sentiment. If you have behaved badly, repent, make what amends you can and address yourself to the task of behaving better next time. On no account brood over your wrongdoing. Rolling in the muck is not the best way to get clean.�

That said:
I for one reject the apology, Not until blood has been shed on Sylmar soil will there be amends, and the prophecy fulfilled.

No, but surly there should be a punishment. What better place to discuss it than on the club forum. I'm thinking something like:
Corporal Punishment: The infliction of pain to reform the offender.
Public Humiliation: We could lock him in a pillory for all to see. etc...

Actually I'm glad the offender ended up being Oscar, I'm familiar enough with him to give him a hard time about it.
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Huxly huh...Cleanlyness is next to fordlyness...
dhmartens

Post by dhmartens »

Alexander Pope once wrote "to err is human to forgive is divine".

However, as punishment, you should be forced to read the long winded poem where he makes that quote. Its about 50 paragraphs long.
http://poetry.eserver.org/essay-on-criticism.html
kyardley

Post by kyardley »

Oscar:

Thank you for your sincere apology. I respect you for owning up to your behavior and am delighted that you promise not to make that bad decision again.

SHGA means a great deal to all of us and the thought that an ill-considered action could lead to public outrage against us as a club is deeply disturbing. As members, each of us represents the whole club. I hope in future that you will be a great member who represents SHGA with grace and honor, putting this painful experience to good use.

Katherine
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

Thank you Oscar!
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

Such offenses are not rare, but a clean apology is. Thanks and be careful.
Flyyyyy
OSCAR

apology

Post by OSCAR »

I will be starting my 30 day suspension from Kagel today. thanks y'all for your kindness I'll see ya next month. :|

Oscar
Bob Kuczewski

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Oscar,

Your post was excellent. We all make mistakes, but it's how we handle our mistakes that defines us.

Bob Kuczewski