Club love

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

Frederick

Club love

Post by Frederick »

Spammed with anonymous hate email (details posted below)
Last edited by Frederick on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

Freddy,

Hang in there. Yes, we often get this kind of stuff. Then a few months later, we often get comments from members in the LZ like: "I appreciate you guys" or "I'm glad you are doing this so I don't have to" or "I may disagree, but I sure don't envy you. Thanks for the hard work."

There are generally only a few people who act like the annonymous doofus. Just ignore them. If they really had a beef, they'd give their name. Otherwise, they are just cowards. (And lazy ones at that, since they aren't helping, while you are.)

George Been-in-the-hot-seat-too-many-times Stebbins

And yes, I'll probably be back on the BOD at some time, after my kids are bigger. I just need a break to spend time with them and try to get some airtime.
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
jsc1959

Post by jsc1959 »

Hey Freddy,

I appreciate what your doing. You work hard and you deserve a big "THANK YOU!"

Dont let some anonymous idiot discourage you. If they arent adult enough to step up and identify themselves ... well to heck with them then.

Again Freddy... Thanks

Jeff Craig
Don

Fan Mail

Post by Don »

Freddy,

What makes you think the hate mail is from a Club Member - could it just be from someone that has nothing better to do with their time?

Like others have said - I/we appreciate you stepping forward and taking on the role of events coordinator.

See you Saturday !

Don
Joseph

Perhaps it is a competitor in the Summer Comp

Post by Joseph »

I don't know where you are in the standings, but you never know. On a serious note, thanks for all your help, especially with the Father's Day event.
Frederick

Hmm...

Post by Frederick »

I think you could be right, Don. I recently had "Monique Shultz" email arrange to meet me to see my for-sale car, twice, and no-show. Excellent character writing in retrospect -- deep, consistent backstory, and good choice of colloquial language. But finally I noticed a glitch in the writing, after I'd switched to the "you must call me" response.

These messages both fit info from the Events posting -- just came at the same time as something else I'd emailed a handful of people, which gave it some resonance. So I think I ought to pull it.

Thank you for your sentiments, each of you. I appreciate it (and have been through some frustrations lately).

I've no tolerance for the things those emails indicated. I think we've no time for anyone in the club to be walking around with something less then a baseline respect for the irreplaceable value that has been built up over the years in SHGA, by folks before us (well, excepting a few members on the before-us part).

- Freddy