Katherine Yardley's gift

Talk about anything hang gliding.

Moderator: Chip

lswendt

Katherine Yardley's gift

Post by lswendt »

Hi everyone,

Late in 2019 Katherine Yardley passed away. I am serving as the trustee to her estate. I don't know how many of you know that her trust named SHGA as a beneficiary. As the trustee, I wanted to let everyone know the majority of the distribution of the trust's assets have been made.

SHGA is currently in receipt of over $22,000 due to Katherine's generosity. In an effort to support the transparency of the Club's finances, this post serves as public notice of that gift.

Katherine was very generous to the Club--in life and in death. As a founding member of SHGA, this is an amazing legacy Katherine has left us all. We should take care to manage that gift thoughtfully.
BudRob

Re: Katherine Yardley's gift

Post by BudRob »

More exactly, SHGA has received $24,650 from Katherine's Estate. Our club has more than $54,000 in the bank so I can assure everyone that Katherine's donation need not be used for any routine expenses. We are currently investigating a separate account for this money, one that will not be part of those current used for our normal operations.

Rob Burgis
President (and Assistant Treasurer)