question.....

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
OSCAR

New Torrey policy

Post by OSCAR »

THAT IS WONDERFULL INDEED,AND ABOUT TIME.Imagehow did you lose your glider bag :?:
Last edited by OSCAR on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dhmartens

Re: New Torrey policy

Post by dhmartens »

OSCAR wrote:How did you lose your glider bag
3 white pickup trucks with white shells. I think I put it in the 1 that went to Cuckamunga - Dana's truck

Its in my dark blue bag

OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

You'll get it back :D
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

jcflies wrote:OMG!!! OMG!! remember the time we, like, went hang gliding? and we went UP? and we FLEW? and we were so HAPPY? and we posted about it on the FORUM?

PLEEEEEEEEZE!! no more f***ing political harangues! seriously!

SERIOUSLY!!! JT worked for HOURS to get rid of political bullshit--that's what facebook is for! can't THIS forum just be about how much fun it is to FLY?

please???
Yep, Janyce and I agree on something. And JT too. Maybe that means it is a good idea, maybe not. But it has to mean something. ;-)

Seriously, I have a suggestion:

If you wish to make political posts that are off-topic to the current thread, please make a new thread that is clearly marked.

If someone else posts and off-topic political comment reply with:

"This is off-topic and controversial. I have started a thread named "Somedarnedofftopicthing..." Please post there. Thank you."

Do NOT encourage them to take over a thread by dignifying it with an answer. I'm not talking about things that are on-topic.

I hate the idea of censorship, so I'm not saying we should stop folks from posting. But no bait-and-switch, please! If it is not on-topic, and is political/controversial (you know what I mean) then make your own topic, please. Then those who don't wish to read, may easily skip over it.

I'm not talking about one-off comments, we all do that, but the ongoing battle of who can type more than the last guy!

And, yes, I'm directing this suggestion to Bob, Barton, JT, AND myself.

Thanks, and please go flying. I can't yet, so I really want somebody to get some good airtime. (Although, I almost blew off what I was supposed to be doing to fly today. Soon. I hope.)
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George