fyi

If your topic lands here, you either put it here yourself or one of the moderators thought it likely too polarizing a subject to stay in the General Discussion area
Rome Dodson

fyi

Post by Rome Dodson »

if you (like me) have an inquireing mind. im sure you must have pondered what the very thin cable on the very top of the giant high tention towers carring electricity is for. it's the only wire with no insulators. what could they be for? i finally found out, i asked ace electritian mallery & he told me they were ground wires ,they keep the towers from electrocuting anyone who touches them,they also keep lightning from striking the power cables. and now you know!! rome p.s. no spell check
OSCAR

groundwire

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks for sharing ,I didn't know that. :)
Bob Kuczewski

Rome Dodson immortalized ...

Post by Bob Kuczewski »

Rome Dodson immortalized on the Sylmar forum.

It's nice to see the posts of people no longer with us. This little snippet from Rome is a perfect example.

A few years back, the Crestline forum was "restarted" and the old posts were lost. If the Sylmar club ever "upgrades" their forum, I sincerely hope they'll preserve the rich heritage that's contained in these posts.

Thanks Rome!!
Join a National Hang Gliding Organization: US Hawks at ushawks.org
View my rating at: USHGRS
Every human at every point in history has an opportunity to choose courage over cowardice. Look around and you'll find that opportunity in your own time.