Broken Toe Blues

Please tell what happened and how it might have been avoided. Names should be ommitted. This forum should help others learn from mistakes that caused or nearly caused a mishap.
JD

Broken Toe Blues

Post by JD »

Like the name implies....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicaf47ROKs[/youtube]
Even if you do everything 'right', statistically speaking, things may go wrong. Turn up your speakers while you're at it.
M@rkus

Rock & Toe!

Post by M@rkus »

Sorry to hear about your Rock & Toe encounter - Ouch!
Can we call you "Big Toe" now?
I had a similar experience years ago. I recommend steel-toe shoes.
Hope you recover soon.

I am temporarily grounded myself (last three weeks) due to a strained back (not HG related) - I know the feeling.
JD

Re: Rock & Toe!

Post by JD »

M@rkus wrote:............I am temporarily grounded myself (last three weeks) due to a strained back (not HG related) - I know the feeling.
Sorry to hear that Markus. :( Now we can both come out to the LZ on weekends, drink good German beer and get portly. I snuck in one last XC flight on Wednesday before I saw the podiatrist of Thursday.
The doctor put my right foot in a soft cast and no more flying for 4-8 weeks--unless I do either a one-legged or wheel landing. May I borrow your wheels for my Freedom 170? :lol:
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

If you do a wheel landing, make sure your feet are still in the harness. Don't want to drag that toe! :o Of course, I'm sure you figured that out. I just thought it would be fun to say it.

Get better soon, so you can go back to flying more than everyone else combined!
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
JD

Post by JD »

stebbins wrote:If you do a wheel landing, make sure your feet are still in the harness. Don't want to drag that toe! :o Of course, I'm sure you figured that out. I just thought it would be fun to say it.

Thanks for the tippy toe, toe tip, George! It's been a heavy burden carrying the weight of the club's national flying statistics on my shoulders. I understand that JC intends to take the lead in the airtime accumulation department. I guess it's now my time to edit some video and work on that narration technique. I hope to see you up in the air yourself real soon.
JD
DrJeff

Post by DrJeff »

Cool smooth jazz music AND narration. Who knew the narration of a broken toe could sound so much like a lounge? :o)

Heal fast!
Jeff Bjorck
www.purepiano.com ~quiet music to calm the heart in a noisy world~
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Image[/img]

I promise not to put any more pins in the doll :P :lol:
JD

Post by JD »

OSCAR wrote:..........I promise not to put any more pins in the doll :P :lol:
"Oh, no! Mr. Bill!" :lol: :D
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

NMERider wrote:
stebbins wrote:If you do a wheel landing, make sure your feet are still in the harness. Don't want to drag that toe! :o Of course, I'm sure you figured that out. I just thought it would be fun to say it.

Thanks for the tippy toe, toe tip, George! It's been a heavy burden carrying the weight of the club's national flying statistics on my shoulders. I understand that JC intends to take the lead in the airtime accumulation department. I guess it's now my time to edit some video and work on that narration technique. I hope to see you up in the air yourself real soon.
JD
I have been flying a bit (not much) but mostly at Crestline. Had a nice one yesterday. And I'm back to flying the Litespeed.

Thanks
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George