Midwest Championships 2017

A place to stretch the truth a little...
lbunner

Midwest Championships 2017

Post by lbunner »

Hi all, I wanted to put in a plug for the Midwest Championships 2017 that is happening from June 4-10th in Whitewater, WI. This is an aerotow race to goal competition for sport and open pilots. Whitewater is midwest flying at its best with good to excellent conditions at this time of year. There have been many 100 mile flights, one 200+ mile flight and one 159 mile triangle from this site. Whitewater is located about 45 minutes from Milwaukee, 40 minutes from Madison and just over an hour from Chicago. It might be a good opportunity to shuttle gliders out and then fly in for the comp with the airfares being so low. Registration opened on Dec 10th and is being cut off at 50 pilots. We have 36 signed up already so if you are interested please hurry and register so we can save you a spot. Entry fees don't need to be paid when you register but are due by Feb 28th at the normal rate. You can register here: https://airtribune.com/midwest-2017/pilots

Hopefully see you all in June!
lbunner

Post by lbunner »

Update we reached the 50 pilot limit in 5 days and have increased the total # of entries to 60 to satisfy the demand. Hope you can make it.
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Kevin and I are in, but we're leaving about a week early to make the trip easy and to get some towing practice in for Kevin.

Phil might show up, he's not yet confirmed, Kevin and I are on the confirmed list. Lot of pilots showing up for this meet

Stay tuned .......