SCFR day3

Moderator: Comp Committee

jdevorak

SCFR day3

Post by jdevorak »

Day 3: Today we had the WORST pilot briefing I have yet to experience. The hurricane is headed straight for us and is expected to pass overhead 8am Thursday. No task called. Jonny Durand handed out daily prizes. Anna Eppink made goal and got 4th for the sport class of 16 pilots. Another surprise is maria. She is Jamie’s right hand person and does a lot of the work running the competition. This year she is flying too and made goal both days. Our first day here she gave both Greg and I a hug in the elevator. She is a genuinely nice person. She was awarded a Captain America (that is what she calls her glider) sweat shirt. She put it on and danced with joy. It lifted my spirits. I looked at the track logs from yesterday. I was more in the game than I though. Most everyone got low at the second turn point of the 75 mile triangle. I passed a little to the south of the slow climbing gaggle without ever seeing them. The next day they hope might be flyable is Friday. Many of the other pilots are going bowling. I am going to sit around and mope, and read my book.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
jdevorak

Post by jdevorak »

Chippy went home.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
JD

Re: SCFR day3

Post by JD »

jdevorak wrote:...I am going to sit around and mope, and read my book.
:lol: :lol: :lol: