SpringAir 2017

Moderator: Comp Committee

Chip
Site Admin

SpringAir 2017

Post by Chip »

Great weather, great racing, very nice turn out. Thank you for everyone that helped in any way. Has to be one of the best clubs in the nation. I'm happy to be part of this club.

Congrats to the top three open class pilots that all finished within 30 seconds of each other. I led much of the race, although it was mainly from below until the last lap where I finally had to start digging myself out of the hole I raced myself into, but one of my best finishes.

I'll have the animation up soon.

Results for the SA 2017 (click on the links)
Open
Track Logs for Open

Sport
Track Logs for Sport

Chad your restart of the task was not recorded correctly as a result of a current bug in FS. The bug has been there for some time. The bug as described shows up when the race is started and the pilot continues to the first way point and then chooses to restart the task after reaching the first WP. Only 29 points deducted, not really enough to change any places.

Notice Will actually flies a little faster than I but because I took the first start and I led most of the task (yes, even though I did the course low), I was awarded leading points and beat him. Lesson, always take the first start if you can.
Chip
Site Admin

Link Fixed

Post by Chip »

Typo for the sport track logs and now cannot edit due to fast cgi error, so here's the updated link to the track logs for the sport class

Track Logs for Sport
jdevorak

Post by jdevorak »

Thank you Jeff. Part of the enjoyment is in seeing exactly how I did and how I could have done better.
eat right, exercise, die anyway!
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Here's an animation of the top four pilots that were pretty much leading the race. Top 3 all finish within 30 seconds of each other.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SayG1tDw_tg[/youtube]
BudRob

Post by BudRob »

Holy crap that finish was close. First and second were separated by only ONE second. Thanks for the animation Chip!
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

Another nice thing for some perspective, I've converted the track logs and included them into a Google earth file. You can see all of the track logs for the open class overlaid on Google earth. I've also made the cylinders for the course so you can see the boundaries of the waypoints and the entry start.

2017 Sylmar Spring Air Open Class GE Overlay

Save this to your desktop, if your browser opens it, then right click the URL and choose save as.
mrobin604

Post by mrobin604 »

Looks like Mike and I need to trade mugs, according to these results!
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

OK, one more animation here. Thanks to OP for turning me on to this site a long time ago 8)

Use Chrome for the best experience

http://doarama.com/view/1321749