More Than A Repack - Betty Pfeiffer Parachute Clinic

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Oscar,

Thanks so much for volunteering. I'll count on you to be one of our packing assistants. I need two more packing assistants and one more parachute repack volunteer.

Everyone,

Please ask around to help me find a qualified parachute repack volunteer. It's an imporant role that needs to be filled. Interested persons may contact me directly. And, spread the word among other clubs. We easily handle up to 40 pilots so... get the word out there!

Mail a check in the amount of $40 to SHGA with a note stating that it's for the Parachute clinic.

Mail to:
PO Box 922303
Sylmar, Ca. 91392
Chip
Site Admin

Post by Chip »

I'll be attending
frosty

Laundry Day

Post by frosty »

Count me in for the 1/16/09 clinic, which at $40 is a great deal. Last time I went to one of Betty Pfeiffer's clinics, it was quite a bit more than that.

How much more will it be to repack a second reserve?
Lynn McLaughlin

All,

In order to sign up for the clinic you need to send a check in the amount of $40 to SHGA by no later than 1/10/10. See my previous post for address details.

Also, let me know if you are a HG or PG pilot.

Thanks,

Lynn
Frederick

Post by Frederick »

I'm in a class all that weekend, but found Betty's instruction (less-extensive than this clinic, at her shop) tremendously useful. I give it a 5 star recommendation! Lets hear it for staying alive!
Lynn McLaughlin

Frosty,
Are you PG or HG? Just need to know so that Betty knows the group demographic. Yes, we can repack your second shoot for $40.

Fredrick,
Sorry to hear you'll miss the clinic. Thanks for the 5-star recommendation.

Lynn
Mark Miyahara

Count me in

Post by Mark Miyahara »

I will be sending a check for $50 on Monday to the address:
SHGA
PO Box 922303
Sylmar, CA 91392

I am a paraglider pilot and need to know if you will be supplying materials like rubber bands and such.

I am also in need of replacing the elastic cord that is used to hold reserve handle pins in place. Will it be possible to purchase that at the clinic?

Thanks
Mark Miyahara aka Treeman
Lynn McLaughlin

Mark,

Thanks for letting us know that you will attend. Great question re: rubber bands. I have a list of questions for Betty, this one among them. I'll get back to you as soon as I have the answer(s).
stebbins

Post by stebbins »

2nd chute repack for another $40 - Pay now or then? (I've already sent my $40 in for the clinic and 1st repack.)

Just in case you didn't know, Lynnie, I'm a HG pilot. At least that's what I think I am. I mean, which one has the sticks and only one string? That's the one. Not the one with no sticks and an armload of strings. It's been so long, I can't seem to remember. ;-)
Fly High; Fly Far; Fly Safe -- George
Lynn McLaughlin

Anyone who wants a second repack can pay for it on site. Please let me know in advance of the clinic so that we can plan accordingly

George, Happy to know that you are joining the clinic and thanks for reminding me that you're HG :wink:

Still seeking a qualified parachute repacker to assist us. Please contact me directly at: lynn at expertmeetingsplus dot com.

About a week before the clinic participants will receive a notice that includes a map of LA Valley College and our clinic location on campus, an agenda for the day and any special instructions. Please note that the clinic will begin at 8am so remember to set aside the entire day and plan accordingly to arrive on time. More to follow...

Lynn
Don

Cancel

Post by Don »

Lynn,

It appears that I'm going to out of the Country and will miss the clinic.

Don
Lynn McLaughlin

Don,

Thanks for letting us know that you will be out of town. I will ask Katherine to hold your payment and return it to you. Sorry to hear you will miss the clinic. Safe travels...

L
Lynn McLaughlin

Here's an update:

To date, we have 27 pilots signed up for the clinic. Thanks to all of you who got your payment in to us. The rest of you who told me you plan to attend but have not paid yet, please remember to send in payment by the 10th or contact me directly if you need to make special arrangements.

Registration and orientation begins on the 16th at 8am. Keep an eye out for a notice that includes the clinic agenda, any special instructions and a map of LA Valley College w/our clinic location highlighted (or see the map that Lisa created for us on the home page - thanks Lisa!).

If you need to place special orders or make a purchase, please contact me or High Energy Sports so we can arrange to have Betty bring whatever you need.

PG Mark,
Betty is providing rubber bands and she will bring elastic cords that you use to hold the reserve handle pins in place.

Soon we fly!

Lynn
addicted2climbing

Post by addicted2climbing »

Hey Lynn,

Works been crazy and I totaly forgot to send payment. I am sending it today. Chances are youll get it after the 10th though. Is that OK.

let me know,

Marc Webster
661-312-3596
Lynn McLaughlin

Hi Marc,

I will let Katherine know that you're sending in payment. Happy to know you will be joining us. I will posting attendee packets for everyone in the next day or two. Please stay tuned here for further details...

Lynn
WingNutz

What time does the parachute clinic start?

Post by WingNutz »

What time does the parachute clinic start on Saturday?
Soar With Prudent Passion

Larry Chamblee
Lynn McLaughlin

Parachute Clinic Registration and Orientation begins at 8am, Saturday 1/16/10. The clinic is being held at LA Valley College, Field House Gymnasium.

If you are signed up for the clinic and have not received the special instructions, map and agenda, please contact me immediately. My cell number is listed in the membership directory.

Soon we repack,

Lynn
JD

Post by JD »

Outstanding event and great turnout!
Chip
Site Admin

Well worth the money!

Post by Chip »

Been flying for a long time (25+ years), this was my first parachute clinic ever. I have to say it was well worth the money paid to attend.

Many, many thanks for all the volunteers and those that organized the event. First class all the way. HUGH kudos to Lynn, Kathrine, Ken, Oscar, and so many others that helped make this WAAAY more than a repack.

Learned a few things, but mainly I learned what a bunch of special people we have in this club. Thanks for putting this event on.

I'm REALLY honored to be in a club with so many good people. 8)
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

I had a great time and learned plenty it was well worth the money ,I'd like to thank everyone who attended and contributed to make this event possible.Great job Y'all.Image