Fathers Day Flying & BBQ

Upcoming event & clinic announcments.

Moderator: Event Co-Ordinator

Frederick

Fathers Day Flying & BBQ

Post by Frederick »

Details are coming together. General concept is events for families in the Flight Park, and a Pot-luck BBQ (club will buy grillables and put out a donation jar, and have the plates, etc, rest will be brought potluck).

This was a Joseph Vandertol inspiration. One or two more volunteers are needed for organizing the non-flying activities. Contact him or Freddy. It's fun (and easy) to put these together.
Joseph

A chance to fly on Father's day

Post by Joseph »

I was asked by my wife what I would like to do for Father's Day and naturally "go fly" popped into my head. I am hoping that this event will provide other pilots, of both genders married and not a way to fly and get the community together.

I am new to flying, soloing last year in July and new to organizing these type of events. I would really appreciate any suggestions and/or help on how to make this event a good one for the club.
Don

Pot Luck

Post by Don »

Will bring a beef or turkey Chili.

What is everyone else signing up for ? :roll:
Lynn McLaughlin

Post by Lynn McLaughlin »

Hi All,

Post a notice in the LZ. Ask everyone to sign up and let them know the Club is providing the dry goods and grillables. Then, members can see what other's are bringing and decide what they want to bring themselves. Usually, there's so much food there's no problem covering everyone. If it looks otherwise, the day of the event, then find someone to go to the store and purchase salads and a cake/desserts.

Also, on your LZ posting, ask for a couple volunteers to help w/kids activities. I've apprised Joseph and Freddy where the balsa gliders and whirly-gigs are in the storage unit. What the guys need are a couple folks to help organize the kids :-)

Soon we fly,
Lynn :lol:
Frederick

Food Sign-Up list in the LZ Gazebo...

Post by Frederick »

There's a sign-up sheet in the LZ (Nailed on a post on the Gazebo), to list what you're planning to bring. That'll help the selection. The club will be providing grillables and paper stuff (and then we put out a donation jar to offset). That works out to be a lot easier (and less hygenically risky).

We could still use 2 more people who each would put together a family-friendly activity for Sunday. We've one already. It'd be nice to have a few different things for the day. Contact me. It's easy.
Frederick

Father's day events expanding

Post by Frederick »

There's now going to be a pinata, jelly-bean carrying (via spoon), and other fun family events at the BBQ this Sunday
Don

Big Turn-out and a Great Time !

Post by Don »

Thanks to everyone that made this an enjoyable event. So many people were there that Freddy had to run out and buy more food. The Turkey Chili that my "better half - Noreen" made was gone quickly - next time I'll try to bring more.

Thanks to Joseph for the idea and getting the "ball rolling"